Hole punch question

This may be a weird question. I finally found the perfect stuff to make the little disk covers for my tumblers. But does anyone know where to get a hole puncher that would reach the center of the disk to make the hole for the wick. A regular one doesn't reach to the center.

Hi. I know when I worked at the library that we had a longer hole punch. I think Brodart Library Supplies has a 2" deep one instead of the normal 1". Not sure of the clearance for the edge of the lid though. Not even sure if they are wholesale or not, but a library supply or office store might be able to supply you with something that would work. hth. Beth

Thanks, I have tried the office stores and they said they didn't have anything that would work.

I will check out the website more for the long reaching puncher. Hopefully it will be what I am looking for.

You can use a leather punch, it looks like a nail set, (which you can use too if you file the end slightly to a point). Make a template with paper finding the centre of the circle, slip the paper under whatever you using for the cover or on top if the cover is not transparent and punch using a rubber mallet or hammer. (Use an old book or magazine underneath so you don't damage the surface your punching on.

Wendy

The 3m transparency film from Staples works perfectly. It is made for overhead projectors. It comes in a pack of 100, for $21. I get about 6 per sheet, and with tax it breaks down to about 4 cents per dust cover. They aren't the lid type that fit over the top, they are the disk type that lay on the candle.

I got a circle cutter from Walmart, and it really does a great job. You can adjust it to any size circle you want. It quickly cuts a perfect circle.

I think I may skip the hole actually. Someone warned me that people may try to light the wick with the cover on. Scary