125 the same as 415

Ok well I ordered the soy 125 from candlewic.com awhile back and I thought this was just a different kind of wax. Well yesterday I got a news letter from The Candlemakers Store and looked at their wax on sale and saw it had Natural Soy 125 but then it had (415) next to it. So I emailed candlewic and asked if it was the same as 415 and they just have their own name for it. Well they emailed me back saying "yes" nothing else. :rolleyes2

Why cant they just call it one thing instead of every different supplier giving it another name. This really makes me upset. All this time I could of been looking up 415 instead of struggling along because hardly anyone on here knew my kind of wax. Well I guess I shouldnt complain I did get to make a gazillion candles.:laugh2:

Well thanks for listening to my little rant.

Antonia

I discovered all this several years ago.. I really find it annoying as well. I guess they thought we'd never figure it out.. but it sure would have saved me a ton if testing and money in the beginning. It was nice once I figured it out that I had "back up" sources for my wax. :)

There are plenty of brick & mortar stores that sell the same products with the same names and they seem to stay in business just fine... I guess the wax industry is doing the mattress industry thing... go figure. LOL

Have a great day!

Chele

Candlewic.com says their 125 is pure soy and KY's 125 has cottonseed in it. So if I am looking at it correctly, you really can't go by just 125 being in the name of the wax because they are not all the same if one is pure and the other has cottonseed in it. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

KY's 125 is not the same as 415.. but their 100% soy is the same as the 415. I've concluded over the years... (and if there are differences they are small) There is a pure soy version and a soy with cotton seed version basically.

Once you get into the blends they split off into several avenues... but I do have my suspicions on several of those ... which are the same...

HTH,

Chele

I think Top my be right...

I asked CW that question a few months ago and told it was similar,

but was not the 415???

Based on my experience I would put some money on that being the right answer. I've bought both waxes multiple times and they've always seemed like two very distinct things.

I think they mean to say they're equivalent but not actually the same product. Maybe the person responding to Antonia's e-mail distorted the information.

----- Original Message ----

To: Antonia Wallace <antoniascreations@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:28:01 PM

Subject: RE: Soy 125

Yes it would be the same wax..

From: Antonia Wallace [mailto:antoniascreations@yahoo.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:44 AM

To: Info

Subject: Soy 125

I ordered this wax a while back and was wondering if by any chance it is 415 and you guys just call it 125. Thanks for any help you gave give me.

Antonia Wallace

This is the email from yesterday. So I think I am going to call them and ask if they know for sure it is the same. No it is really bugging me that they are not telling the whole truth.

Antonia

Top is right. It is misleading. I am sure they use 125 referring to melting point nothing else. I beleive GB coins the reference to 415. If you are looking for GB 415 then your best bet is to look in the archives under Golden Brands and see what suppliers Jason ships to.

I think there is a good chance they are the same.

Don't forget, there can be big variances in each lot # of soy.

Soy is tricky, you need to test each and every different lot # so it really does not matter if it comes from the same source, it can always be a bit different, which means you need to wick accordingly.