Approx. how much

I do not have a business. I am really just in it because I am addicted to making candles. I have only ever had probably a dozen or so actual "orders" ..you know the cleaning lady at work, a friend of a friend, and so on. (Just got a big order of over $50.00 ..so excited!! my biggest ever!!) I am saying this for you to understand that I do not buy anything in bulk really but last month alone I spent about $400. I am not really sure what I spend a year. I have been doing lots of buying lately due to experimenting with tons of new stuff, so it would not be accurate to take that and use it to calculate an average.

Let's see, I started candle making in like November or there abouts and it's now July...in nine months I have spent approximately $600 and that's only to get started, no orders or anything like that. Just testing and starting and making mistakes. (Now that I think about it $600?!! :eek: )

Gosh, I don't sell that often. I like to experiment more than anything. My house is FULL of candles. I'm running out of space to store them. I'm also afraid to calculate how much I have spent in the last 12-18 months. I know for sure that it is several hundred... if not, close to a thousand.

Geez this was something that I did not want to think about but if I am realistic I would say somewhere around 3000 a year. Sales let's see probably about 1000 a year. My problem is my inventory - I can not pour to order so I have 2 small jars (10oz) and 1 large jar (16) of every scent I carry poured. Then of course there are all the calmshells, votives, pillars, speciality things and ornies made up. I like having a complete inventory on hand so my money is tied up there.

Hahaha. I do have a shopping problem. Before I found this board, I thought I could melt and pour. So, I spent $2500 on glass to have in stock and then $1500 on other stuff.....probably have spent about $400+ since then....I'm just now in my final stages of testing 2 jars. And have a few more to test. But all I have to purchase if anything is FO's and Wax.

probably about $600 too, maybe a little more. i sell, but not a whole lot. I'm trying to find shows to do, but summer is my slow time and also way too hot in texas for me to have pillars outside, which of course is where most of the shows are. i try not to spend more than i make on candles and that has been working so far. we'll see what happens now that i am trying to get some shows. :)

I haven't really began selling, so everything is all in testing supplies right now. I've tried keeping track, I know I've missed some, but I've spent about $2300.

Now I've gotta worry about packaging n all that good stuff for the biz.

After much thought,,I've figured that in the last 19 mo's of candlemaking, it has cost me approx. $4000.00 give or take a nickle, and I DO NOT SELL. This has been all for me, family & friends. Iv'e now started M&P soap 2 wks ago I can say with complete accuracy that my new addiction has cost a total of $147.00. I dread when the CP bug has the best of me :rolleyes: I'm in big trouble.