Sugar Cookie scents?

AllisonACC

Hi everyone!

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago looking for a great pumpkin pie type scent - in turn I received a BUNCH of wonderful suggestions! I was hoping that you all might have some suggestions for Sugar Cookie scents? I tried Candle Science's and although it smells wonderful, the hot throw really isn't anything to write home about. I have also tried Holiday Cookies from Indiana Candle Supply and it smells good and is strong, although it doesn't have the smell that I was hoping for...I liked the strong vanilla-ish smell that CS's FO had. I also tried Peak's Sugar Cookie FO but it smelled just like ICS's.

I appreciate any suggestions that you may have!!!

Allison

This was my "quest" up until last year. I have tried many sugar cookie scents and here are my results. KY and BCS are both similar to my nose, but not a straight sugar cookie. They have a little spice, almost like a snickerdoodle and smell divine! I love them both. Of all the straight sugar cookie scents I tried, WSP gourmet sugar cookie, JBN vanilla sugar cookie, Taylored's vanilla sugar cookie and Northstar's sugar cookie were the best with the strongest throw in my wax formula. All of these are a bit different but all smell wonderful and threw very well. HTH:)

After reading rave reviews for the Sissie's Sugar Cookie, I purchased a lb or so from the classies here a while back. OOB, my first reaction was YUCK. But, I put it in wax just for drill. YUCK again. I recently decided to give it another try and also made a couple of votives and tarts while I was at it. I had one of those tarts in my office melter, and I had to ditch it. Guess I'm one of a very small group that just finds this scent putrid.

TCS' Sugar Cookie is a pure sweet/buttery sugar cookie with out any spice in it. Smells a lot like BNL's old one.

BCS' smells like snickerdoodles to me. Definitely has spice in it. It actually smells a lot like Cinnamon Frosting from other places.

I really like TCS Sugar Cookie too. No spice notes. I've heard great things about MC sugar cookie but have yet to try it (like I need another one to try :rolleyes2).

Good luck!

I have never found one that throws strong enough for me. I like the way Peaks smells the best but it was not quite strong enough. I am going to give it a try in my melts to see how it does. Maybe it would do fine in your wax. I think Peaks smell very real!