Clamshells vs Molds?

starring

I'm going to start selling MP for the first time, what has been more popular for you, selling in individual clamshells or making in molds then wrapping in plastic? I'm leaning towards the clamshells for ease of use.

Follow up question, best site for mp clamshells?

I thought the clamshells were a great idea for soap, and then I tried to sell them. Wrong.

I ususally don't even sell my soap wrapped--I let customers select their naked bars and drop them in a plastic bag--no problem; put the soap in clamshells and people just don't buy.

I like the clamshells when I do embeds for kids (ex: gold fish, erasers etc), they are easy to work with and displays very nice.

I like different designs on molds.

So I like both, depending on what I'm working on.

I don't leave my M&P soap out. I don't want prints on them (esp. clear ) or people handling and not buying. Most of mine are in cello bags they can open and sniff if they want.

When I was making my soaps I used the clamshells and they did well for me. I think it depends on area also. They were really easy to work with and people could do the same with the clamshells as with the bags as far as being able to smell them. I just liked them too since they cut back on time for me. It's just a matter of what a person likes and how well they do for you.

My M & P is slices cut from logs. I'm add the little swirlies, herbs, do two tones etc,, to them.

I purchased some of those cute little cardboard boxes to sell my soaps in, but decided the cost was too much.

I make my own cigar bands from standard resume paper,, wrap my soaps with saran, then put my cigar band around them. I always wrap soap. It's a cleanliness thing for me. Personally I wouldn't purchase a bar of soap that hadn't been wrapped, and who knows how many people before me, had touched and left their hand oils on. ewwww...

I use chocolate molds for my melt and pour. I make the smaller ones and then bag them up together or even put them into a basket, plate or anything that looks nice. I sell a ton of them! I have made the clamshells too.. but only sold a few.. but that is one thing that is new to my line.