Is this the Turkey fryer some of you use?

Is this the fryer some of you use??

This is the description...

.Features adjustable digital temperature control and timer. The fryer has a 28qt. aluminum inner pot with drain value and powder-coated outer .

Im thinking all these presto pots have to go I need something bigger and faster...

Any info would be great,

Thanks

Kris

post-1508-139458450572_thumb.jpg

Girl thiat thing is the bomb!!!!!!! You will wonder how you ever made candles in volume before you got it. I bought mine 3 seasons ago and I went out and bought another one just to have a spare because I would be lost without it!

Let us know whacha think.

I have a few of the roasters - does anyone know if these are bigger than the roasters? I don't have a box or an empty roaster to see how many quarts they are. Just hoping maybe someone has switched from roaster to fryer...

I have a few of the roasters - does anyone know if these are bigger than the roasters? I don't have a box or an empty roaster to see how many quarts they are. Just hoping maybe someone has switched from roaster to fryer...

I think it holds just as much as the roaster ...I think they are both 28qt. The biggest difference is this has a spigot and melts in a fraction of the time a roaster does.

TY Kimberly. It would be great to melt quicker. Those roasters take forever. That's why I have at least 2 going at once. I guess I better fine one and check it out.

I think it holds just as much as the roaster ...I think they are both 28qt. The biggest difference is this has a spigot and melts in a fraction of the time a roaster does.

Will a whole slab fit into this or do you still have to break it up?

I dont think it will. I cut mine in half. My wax comes in 11lb slabs and I can get 3 1/2 slabs in at once. Man oh man, during my big Fundraiser that thing is like a coal furnace...we just keep feeding it wax and it goes 24/7.

I dont think it will. I cut mine in half. My wax comes in 11lb slabs and I can get 3 1/2 slabs in at once. Man oh man, during my big Fundraiser that thing is like a coal furnace...we just keep feeding it wax and it goes 24/7.

Even half is still better than having to chop that wax into pieces, LOL. I am going to have to see about getting one of those things. Thanks!

If you can wait till after the holidays you can get them a lot cheaper. If not check out Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things. They always have 20%off coupons. Be sure to read all the tips on the fryer before you use it. You MUST start off with melted wax in the bottom of the fryer. No getting around this, believe me I have tried many times and it has never worked. It will burn and smoke. Melt enough to cover burners then fill with unmelted wax.

I got my turkey fryer today! It came in a day early and I have it set up. I had to pour tonight so I just set it up at the end since I had clean off space for it and rearrange a little.

It melts soooo fast! Fast like the presto pot does...instead of an hour and a half like the roaster. I poured in some melted wax so the coils were covered, set it on 175 and in about 30 min it was all melted and I had filled it to the brim. Course it was time to call it quits but tomorrow I'm going to start using it.

Thanks for the push, I think I'm going to love it :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mine is due in Wednesday. Walmart $98 and I can pick it up at the store. I hope it melts as fast as you guys say. I will keep my eyes open at the end of the holiday season for another if so and retire my 3 roasters.

How did you score one on Wally World's site? I have been trying to get one and it keeps showing OOS and none within 500 miles of me.

I have one and I want to get another. I wish I had listened to Kimberly sooner and got one last year! It rocks! I used to use two turkey roasters and one presto. Since I only have one turk n surf, I use it, melt the wax and then store some in the turkey roaster and just keep melting more. It has shaved off so much time for me production wise! The only thing I still struggle with is temp control. If I put it at 175, the wax gets too hot. If I go down to 150 (only goes in increments of 25 degrees) it is not hot enough. I usually start it off on 175, then kick it down and then back up if need be.

And Kimberly, can I thank you again for talking my scared ass off of the ledge when I fired it up for the first time. I cannot remember how many times I said, "You swear it won't catch on fire? You SWEAR?" I am so happy you did not laugh at me TOO much. :D

I got my turkey fryer today! It came in a day early and I have it set up. I had to pour tonight so I just set it up at the end since I had clean off space for it and rearrange a little.

It melts soooo fast! Fast like the presto pot does...instead of an hour and a half like the roaster. I poured in some melted wax so the coils were covered, set it on 175 and in about 30 min it was all melted and I had filled it to the brim. Course it was time to call it quits but tomorrow I'm going to start using it.

Thanks for the push, I think I'm going to love it :yay: :yay: :yay:

You are going to love it... I now use my Presto just for melting the wax to pour over the coils. Or if I need a little bit of another wax. The fryer is so big I can melt and pour 50 lbs in no time compared to what I use to do with 2 Presto's.

I ordered it online and you can have it sent to your local store for pickup or shipped direct to you. I had no fryers within 100 miles of me either. I LOVE IT!

How did you score one on Wally World's site? I have been trying to get one and it keeps showing OOS and none within 500 miles of me.

I have one and I want to get another. I wish I had listened to Kimberly sooner and got one last year! It rocks! I used to use two turkey roasters and one presto. Since I only have one turk n surf, I use it, melt the wax and then store some in the turkey roaster and just keep melting more. It has shaved off so much time for me production wise! The only thing I still struggle with is temp control. If I put it at 175, the wax gets too hot. If I go down to 150 (only goes in increments of 25 degrees) it is not hot enough. I usually start it off on 175, then kick it down and then back up if need be.

And Kimberly, can I thank you again for talking my scared ass off of the ledge when I fired it up for the first time. I cannot remember how many times I said, "You swear it won't catch on fire? You SWEAR?" I am so happy you did not laugh at me TOO much. :D

I TOLD you you would love it! I would be so lost without this thing now...I dont know how I did these FundRaisers without it. I have 2 of them, but the pouring and melting goes so quick, I dont need to fire both of them up...and you wont either...just keep dumping the wax in and you can keep pouring my friend!

I ordered it online and you can have it sent to your local store for pickup or shipped direct to you. I had no fryers within 100 miles of me either. I LOVE IT!

I still tried looking on line and it is showing out of stock. I have been checking for over a couple of months trying to catch it in stock, but no luck.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7811421