Pretty please can someone answer...

Thanks Sliver and Judy! I've not had the chance to see whether they have the number on the bottoms or not so will be sure to check them out. I've not used these before so wanted to try them out and see how they work for me. Appreciate the responses!

Not to hijack, but are the ones Sams sells ok to use for melts? I am going to be buying some from there IF they ever get them back in stock here! They had plenty of lids but no cups this last week even tho the site said they were in stock.

The cups at Sam's have a #6...the lids are ok to use, though.

Thanks BizzyBs! You just saved me a trip to the other side of town!

I'm going to probably ask a stupid question here so if it is, it is but, what is the difference between the numbers on the bottom of these? I have never tried these before so I don't know anything about the numbers on them. Do the #'s determine the type of plastic they are made of, thickness or what? I know it was mentioned that if want the scent to stay fresh to use the #5 on bottom. Is this kind of the same thing like with using poly pro bags as opposed to using plastic with melts and things?? Pardon my ignorance on this but I had to ask! :confused:

The Solo cups that I'm familiar with are made of polystyrene (recycling code 6). Try to pour some FO in those and you'll find it melts right through, so you shouldn't use them for anything involving fragrance. I like them for measuring lye and additives.

The codes are the type of plastic. Code 5 is polypropylene, which is resistant to most chemicals.

The Solo cups that I'm familiar with are made of polystyrene (recycling code 6). Try to pour some FO in those and you'll find it melts right through, so you shouldn't use them for anything involving fragrance. I like them for measuring lye and additives.

The codes are the type of plastic. Code 5 is polypropylene, which is resistant to most chemicals.

Thanks! I had no idea on the difference in the #'s and thought maybe it had something to do with things like this so wanted to ask. It never hurts to know these things! :smiley2:

Just a note.... a great place to buy those cups is a restraunt supply store! I got them there and they are the #5 and they were cheap! Plus they had the lids. I think for 150 cups I paid $2.15 and $1.10 for the lids. I found out about this while asking around where to find them.

I bought some from ACE Restaurant Supply for mixing nail powders and glitter a while back. I thought I'd be able to use them for testers and sure enough the fo burned right through. The ones I have are SOLO P100. I looked on the supply links in this thread and don't see how you would know if they were #5s or not....do you call the company and ask? I don't need 1000 of them for sure but I'd like to have some on hand when I start to send out my next batch to my testers.:confused:

when you look on the bottom there is a triangle on them and in the triangle there is a #. I think almost all of them have a # on them. Did you check and see if it is there?

On the bottom of these it says

Line #1: SOLO

Line #2: P100

Line #3: 1028

There is no triangle/recycling number:confused: