Opinions: Pumpkin type scents

theresa t

I used to order from Candle chem a scent called Vanilla Pumpkin Pie. Last year they discontinued this scent due to a supplier issue is what I seem to remember being told when I emailed them. I have since tried Vanllia Pumpkin from Loren, had a nice scent but did not seem as strong as CC's. Don't get me wrong, the scent was great, just not like I had hoped for with previous supplier. Anyway, has anyone found, or use, vanilla pumpkin from anyone that you could recommend to me?

I'm not much on pumpkin scents myself but I do have family that likes this one so, opinions on where to find a good pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice....things along those lines would help me a great deal for this fall. I have birthdays coming up and want to give candles for these to those in the family.

I know that what one likes another might not but for now just hoping for suggestions on what others have used and opinions on these. I am just going to start with sample bottles for now so, any opinions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

My daughter mentioned to me that she would like a nice strong cranberry scent. Cranberry is not a scent I have ever tried. So any suggestions on this would be great! It doesn't really matter if it is just cranberry or cranberry with something else. I just want to try some. TIA

I can't help you with the Vanilla Pumpkin Pie but I do love CS's Pumpkin Souffle. Throws great in my soy but I did have to go up 2 wick sizes with this one....

For the cranberry.... CS's Cranberry Marmalade is wonderful! My favorite for the moment...LOL

HTH!

Emily

I like Peaks Sweet Pumpkin Spice. Smells just like the pumpkin pie I get from my bakery shop.

BW also has Grammys Yummy Pumkin that is nice. Its more pumpkin and less spice. And for something different the Pumpkin Cornbread is also nice. I can smell the cornbread mixed in with some sweet pumpkin and a bit of spice.

I have used JS pumpkin pie spice but prefer Peaks. Its a bit sweeter while I find JS is more spicey.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have used the Vanilla Pumpkin from Candle Source and it was a really nice scent, fairly close to what I had been buying just not quite the same. I liked it tho! So far not got a bad oil from Loren, wish I could say the same about some other places! :smiley2:

I really appreciate these ideas of scents to try. I will taking a look at the places mentioned and see what other scents they have also and go from there on where to try some of these from.

For the pumpkin, Sweet Pumpkin Pie (Heartfelt), Vanilla Pumpkin (Southern Scentsations) and Sweet Pumpkin (Daystar from Soap Silly)--all are a sweet creamy pumpkin with less spice than most.

For cranberry-type, spiced cranberry from ICS or BC is very nice. I also like cranberry sauce from KY, and cranberry marmalade from CS. HTH:)