Age restrictions, FO for Children B&B Usage?

PurpleHippie

I know that children usually have more sensitive skin than adults and that special care has to be given to infant skin. Are there age restrictions for certain B&B products such as soap and other products that contain fragrance oil? Someone mentioned that M&P soaps shouldn't be used on infants but there wasn't a reason as to why. I've looked on the FDA site but didn't locate any information. Their site isn't that easy to find clear cut answers sometimes

I have heard of EO's, but not FO's aside from possibly being a skin irritant, just for the reason you mentioned - that they have sensitive skin. I might be concerned about strong FO's, but I usually cut those down anyways, to keep my products with roughly the same strength.

EO's - eucalyptus, has shown to cause children to have respiratory distress and ailments. Other EO's can do other things as well through skin absorbtion.

I've contacted the supplier to get a specific age but they told me that they were not aware of age usage. I sent a message to the manufacture. Haven't recieved a response yet.

I belive Rosemary and Peppermint EO's can also cause problems. Not sure in what strength. Orange and Grapefruit I believe can possibly cause problems if skin is exposed to sunlight after use. I've never had any problems with these on my skin but I've read that there can be. EO's really need good research to be done on the makers part before using them in products. I think some are not suggested for use while pregnant or have high blood preasure and other medical conditions.