About Dos?

8-GRAN-ONES

I made a recipe with 15% sunflower oil (not high olic)

If I am going to get dos..normally how soon will it appear?

After I made this..I have read where that high of % of sunflower

can create dos..

I made this batch Aug. 3..and it is still fine..(no dos)keeping fingers crossed...

I love the feel of this soap....

Opposite the High Oleic is not prone to dos as soon as the regular Sunflower oil. I have one recipe that has 20% High Oleic Sunflower oil that I use for a shaving soap and I love it.

Organic Expeller-Pressed High Oleic Sunflower Oil tastes better, longer. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are natural oxidizers. The low percentage of polyunsaturated fatty acids in high oleic sunflower oil means that it will not self oxidize like other vegetable oils. Organic Expeller-Pressed High Oleic Sunflower Oil has twice the shelf life of other oils and even has a longer shelf life than other high oleic oils, because of its lack of linolenic acid.

Barbara AL

DOS can show up mere weeks after you've made a soap. Then again, it can enter stealth mode and sneak up on you many months after the cure.

Lots of keys to preventing DOS. Use fresh oils. Keep your % of DOS-prone oils at sane levels in your soap. Let your soaps cure in a dry, low-humidity environment with good air circulation. Keep the cured soaps stored in a cool, dry environment, and out of direct sunlight.

hth

ETA: Don't use a 50% superfat figure. hahaha Keep your superfat at sane levels. I like 5-6% in most cases.