Lavender Blossom and Banana Cream Pie cp soap

Burnt Mill

can't remember if I showed the Banana Cream Pie soap or not

so I am showing it just in case

BCN Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla Stabilizer, BC yellow gel tone and Souther Soapers Black Oxide. This one set up way faster then I wanted so the top didn't come out like I had planned but heck it smells great so that works for me.

bananapie.jpg

next up is Lavender Blossom from Genwax, with BC lavender gel tone, southern soapers shrieking violet oxide and ground lavender.

lavendersoap.jpg

I love the Vanilla Stabilizer! The soaps that I use it in never really shift colors and the scents stay true. I pretty much put it in any batch I think might turn, I would rather not have brown soap if I can help it. Unless I am going for a slightly more natural look that is :)

So lovely! :smiley2:

I have to ask about the stabilizer from BC. I have had a bottle [thank you, Kimberly] since last year. Unfortunately~ it hasn't been touched.

Does it alter the scent at all? Fresh out of the mold, and aged soap? I inquire, because I have found stabilizer generally [in my experience] does change the scent over time in lotions and scrubs. It "morphs" the scent a bit, for lack of a better term.

the soap doesn't smell good the first day or so but after that it turns right into the correct scent. I myself haven't really noticed a change over time in the scents. I have only used it in cp soap myself.

You should try out a batch of soap with it and see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...