My Carnuba Experiment

Jeana

I decided to try 2% Carnuba wax to see how much harder it would make soap. This one is less than a week old, and I have been using some already. It really makes a big difference. I haven't used stearic to compare, but I am really happy with this. This batch moved a little fast, but didn't get like soap on a stick either. The scent is Shampure -Aveda type. I really need help on my swirls though, I really stink at them. I will use carnuba again in more recipes.

post-484-139458450549_thumb.jpg

Thanks :smiley2: I've only been using a small tester size bar so far, but it lathers very well. I keep using the little tester and it doesn't disappear nearly as fast as the same recipe without carnuba. I am going to try include it in another couple batches this weekend.

I also like how shiny it makes the soap.

Thanks :) I melted it with my oils. I'm finding I need to use more of the liquidy oils rather than the higher melt point oils. It does tend to move faster. I didn't need to use the stick blender once with this one.