Sub for Virgin Coconut Oil?

juliejak

I did a search and cnl the answer. I purchased VCO off of Ebay (I'm still in testing not selling mode) so I opted for less $$ oil. Her auction said Virgin CO, but she sent me Extra Virgin CO. She said it would not affect my lotion or soap recipe. Any thoughts. I know somewhere I read on the boards you should not sub out Virgin Olive Oil for Extra Virgin, they have different properties. I would hate to ruin a recipe over misinfo. Thank you ! Julie:grin2:

I'm confused.

You wanted virgin COCONUT oil and she sent you extra virgin COCONUT oil? No difference.

You wanted virgin OLIVE oil and she sent you extra virgin OLIVE oil? No difference.

You wanted virgin COCONUT oil and she sent you extra virgin OLIVE oil (or visa versa)? Substantial difference.

Thank you Yellow Rose! Yes I mean Virgin & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.

Sorry to sound disconbobulated, I paid for Virgin Coconut Oil and she sent me Extra Virgin. Somewhere on the boards, everyone was talking about the difference between Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Many replyed you should not substitute one for the other.

I was wondering if the same rule of thumb applied for other oils.

Thanks again, you all are so helpful!!

Julie