Oregon Trails Flavor Oil - Need Help

Tizimarezie

I'm using a lip balm base from BCN (which gets good reviews here) and haven't had a problem with any of the 4 flavor oil suppliers I've used except for one...Oregon Trails. Their flavor oil is sinking to the bottom of the melted balm and even though I stir the heck out of it while pouring, my last tube ends up with most of the flavor oil. Consequently, after all the lip balms solidify, I can take that last tube that was filled, slightly squeeze the sides and the flavor oil oozes out of the sides. I wrote to OT over the weekend and, to my amazement, I got an immediate response. (GREAT customer service!!). But she wasn't able to come up with a solution to this problem.

What to do when the flavor oil won't blend into the base?

:cry2:

I get some oils from them that leave beads of flavor in the bottom or at least that's my best description of what's going on. I just keep stirring and let it cool until it starts to get opaque. I try to remember to shake the oils before I use them as well. I also normally heat balm up to about 140. Not sure how hot you're heating your balm or what your other variables are, but I hope this helps some?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen with the Chai tea, actually I didn't notice it until a customer emailed me to say that she didn't detect any flavor at all in it, so I opened all the other ones I had made and noticed that one was leaking pretty badly. It was a nice scent but I will not be using it anymore. :sad2: