My other hobby.....

Angel91805

....cross stitching. When the soaping obsession hit me a few years ago, my cross stitching got pushed to the side....sadly. Hehehe....now I've almost pushed soaping to the side! One day, I'll find a happy balance, I'm sure.

Anyway....I've been working on this one off and on for 18 months. I finally finished her yesterday. For reference, she is 12"x15".

Thanks for looking!

Donna

Picture897.jpg

I started cross stitching about 30 yrs ago when the only graphs available were loose sheets on graph paper. A lady here opened a shop, which was one of the first in this area and imported most of her things from Denmark. I was lucky enough to take some classes under her.

Over the years, my tastes and preferences changed and ranged from florals, beach scenes, recipes, holiday items, you name it. Our beach house walls have some of the things I did back in the 70s. It's hard to believe that I used to work on some of the 24-ct and linen now that I have such horrible vision.

Your work is beautiful, and I completely understand the pleasure you get from working on your projects. I fondly remember some of the baby gifts I did with such pride.

Oh, you just hush now! That ol' thing still keeping ya warm?? LOL.

BTW....I don't use a magnifying glass per se.....but I did go to Walmart and buy a pair of 3x reading glasses. :laugh2: I don't stitch without 'em!

I LOVE it! I'm curling up in it as soon as I go back to the couch! It's getting cold here already! Lows in the 20's this weekend with highs only in the 50'S! AND, I curled up in it an watched Halloween the other night! :yay: So I thought of you then, as well! :grin2:

That's very much like me...when my mother was away, I was obsessed with candle making. she just can't bear the mess in the kitchen so I made the best of the time I got. When she returned, I had to resort to my other hobbies :). Anyways, your cross stitch work is wonderful and you surely had lot of patience to complete the work !

Wow. That's gorgeous! My mom made all us girls learn to needlepoint/cross stitch when we were growing up but I seriously cannot do more than 5 minutes now w/out feeling like i'm going to crawl out of my skin. I have no patience for this type of thing.

You're awesome!

On a side note, hey, AJ! Fancy meeting you here :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love cross stitch! Is that counted? I love counted cross stitch.

I did a 16 X 20 picture of horses at a stone water trough. Was suppose to be for my husband for our first anniversary. Only took me three years to finish it! ha ha But I have done several large patterns since that didn't take me nearly that long!

Keep up the good work.

Absolutely gorgeous! Such detail--I have an angel cross-stitch I probably started 15 years ago, got about half finished, and quit cross-stitching! Now my vision has deteriorated enough that I don't think I could finish it if the bug did bite me.

I made cross-stitch Christmas stockings for both my children when they were young. My DIL asked me a few years ago if I would make 2 for the grands, and I had to confess to her that I started one for her when she and DS announced their engagement, and it isn't finished, so I doubt I'll get any made for the kids. They just have to get candles, soap, and aroma ornaments from Mimi instead of needlework.