What do you think is considered a fair price for a booth space at a craft show?

I did a craft show yesterday where this man handed out information on an upcoming craft show at their church. This will be their first show and will be for three nights (6 PM to 10 PM) that will coincide with the communities event that will be going on. They are not asking for a certain dollar amount for the booths. The paper says “generous donation to church requested”. I paid $25 for one booth space at the church I was at yesterday for one day. If I decide to do the other show I don't want to come across cheap. What amount do you think would be generous? I was thinking $25 per night since that is what I paid to the church yesterday for one space and not knowing how well their show will do since this will be the first ever show for the other church. Has anyone ever done a show where they did not set a price for the booth space? Thank you.

Guest jurnalynn

my shows have ranged between 10 and 75 dollars the 75 dollars were for 2 day shows usually the shows that have more attendence cost more i won't go over 75 cuz i'm cheap.......lol

Laura

I paid $60.00 for a show and paid $125.00 for another. I want to stick with $$60 being a fair price. I made the same at the cheaper one as what I made at the higher priced on. I would say about 100,000 more people at the expensive one but didn't help sales even though I made more this year at both of them. Both of these shows are going to $75.00 and $150.00 next year. :sad2:

For Churches most ask about $20-25. In this area the big shows are winding down by the time the Churches start and you are lucky to make double your cost so why they are so cheap. Don't get alot of crowds at them either. This year so far I haven't signed up for any.

LynnS

LynnS

Mine range in between FREE to $100(for a 2 day) But, am attending 2 church ones(1 day)& they are $25 each....I know what you mean about you dont wanna feel 'cheap' but, if it were me - I would pay either the $25 a day or $50 for all 3 days....its up to you really the way it sounds to me; considering on the last day 'will there be that many shoppers' - are you able to pay at the end of the day? If you did good; pay $25 if you didnt go $15 for that day & if you do better the next pay $25.....I would say it depends on the amount you make too.....I'm sure they are appreciative for whatever amount you give anyways....

Good Luck to you:yay:

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

It is difficult to say, since it is their first show. They may have absolutely NO traffic. Are you to pay in advance, or after the show?

You can always pay a certain amount in advance, and then donate more depending on how the show goes. Honestly, though, it would concern me a bit that they aren't able to specify the amount. It leads me to wonder how organized it is and what efforts have been made to generate traffic, make vendors comfortable, visibility, etc. You might want to call and ask some questions before committing. If they aren't charging beforehand, there might be a fair amount of people that "sign up" but then never show, etc.