What percentage of EO or FO do you use?

Hello,

What percentage of EO or FO does everyone use in their all soy candles or a mix of Soy and Veggie wax.

I use 7% of EO's and FO's in my blend of soy and veggie wax (I asked the manufacture where I get my veggie wax and they just said it was vegetable based so I'm guessing it might be palm).

Just curious is others use a higher amount.

Hello,

What percentage of EO or FO does everyone use in their all soy candles or a mix of Soy and Veggie wax.

I use 7% of EO's and FO's in my blend of soy and veggie wax (I asked the manufacture where I get my veggie wax and they just said it was vegetable based so I'm guessing it might be palm).

Just curious is others use a higher amount.

Before I was using just the regular 6% per pound. But my sister told me that she wishes they were a little stronger so right now I am trying out 7 to 8% per pound.

HTH

Antonia

Thanks for the replies. I always use 7% no matter how much I'm making even if it's a smaller amount like 4 ounces. I've been wanting to try higher percentages and so will start experimenting.

I have some Ecosoy CB Advanced on the way and it said on the website it can hold up to 10% so am looking forward to trying maybe 8% next.

Your Eo's are going to very. Since Eo's are not set in carrier oils they are concentrated and come in different consistencies. Some require less percentage otherwise you can get clogging, a fuel scented candle or no scent at all. Candle Manufacturers that claim they use Eo's usually have them specially formulated in special carrier oils that blend with wax before they pour.