Net 30?

Tizimarezie

Okay, I just turned down a wholesale offer but I'm not sure if I should have. Here's the details:

She wanted to show my products on her site, give her 30% discount on everything she sold, send me an email once she sold the product (from her site), have me drop ship the product...and then she'd pay me in 30 days.

I didn't quite see why she would need 30 days to pay. I'm the one with the manufacturing overhead. All she's doing is showing a photo on her site. I offered her the opportunity to pay me by upon her sale of the product she, in turn, purchases the product through my website with an exclusive checkout code that would immediately give her the discount. Everybody wins right then...no waiting. She said she prefered her Net 30 payment option better.

So...no deal.

What am I overlooking? Is a Net 30 payment option normal for this kind of thing?

TIA

:smiley2:

Guest jurnalynn

i would have turned her down she wants you to front all the costs and pay for shipping with 30 days to pay how do u know if she will pay you..i would ask her if she gives her customers the same 30 days to pay which i highly dought

Laura

I used to work with those terms ~ not really all that unusual. That said, I quit drop shipping a few years ago because that site was taking up too much time/space and taking away from my own customers. I wanted to take the business down a different road, so I pulled out of the account. The first month is rough, but after that when you're seeing regular income, you learn to deal with the Net 30. Maybe I was just lucky, but the business I worked with paid like clockwork and was anally careful about calculations, just wasn't the right fit for me.

Net 30 for dropshipping. I don't think so. She's either a total scam artist, or completely clueless.

Echoed.

What if she "magically" sells $2000 worth of product her first month - you send out the items (unknowingly, it's to her friends and family), then she poofs? You've lost MORE than $2000 profit because you sold them at a 30% discount even.

Run away. Far away. And don't look back. Drop ship wholesale on net terms? No way.

Even if you entertain it, do yourself a favor and run a credit check and ask for 3 trade credit references at the very least.

Then be prepared to chase her with a collection agency if she flakes.