Looking To Change Wax

Currently using C-3 and am looking to try other waxes.

Any advice on the Golden Brand 444 and EcoSoya CB135 Advanced. What you like and dislike on the waxes, and if anyone has tried both of these, which did you settle on and why. Also a starting point for wick type and size.

I use CB Adv for my containers and CB 135 for my tealights. Always have and am very happy with them both. The Adv is nice and smooth looks great in the jars with good adhesion. The CB 135 I only use for tealights, I do not like it in jars. No adhesion and it is a bit chalky.

The only other one I have tried was Millenium and I hated it!!

Kim

I use the GB464 and I like it the best because I can pour hot. It is easy to wick and does not cause me alot of headaches.....which is a BIG PLUS. I used to use KY125 and LOVED that wax but you have to pour it cool and I cant afford shipping for it anymore.

Search the 464 and you will find alot out about it.

tootie

Islandgirl, do you use the C-3? I'm looking to try something else because I can't seem to get rid of the frosting, no matter how long I temper it they still creep back. I mix a little 223 with it and it's ok then, but 223 is getting crazy in price.

What wick do you like in the CB adv, and could you give me a starting point for a 8oz hex jar and a 16oz apothecary.

What wick seems to work for you with the 464. I think I will order a 10# sample today with the rest of my order. I have CD wicking in alot of different sizes.

How would you rate the cold & hot throw with the CB Adv, and also the GB464?

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks Tootie . . It sounds like my same wicks will work, now I'm really excited about trying it. I just ordered a whole case. I usually never mess with ordering a sample when I hear good reviews about things. Can't wait for it to come to start to test.

Do you have any problems with sink holes around the wicks or cracking across the tops?

Thanks Tootie . . It sounds like my same wicks will work, now I'm really excited about trying it. I just ordered a whole case. I usually never mess with ordering a sample when I hear good reviews about things. Can't wait for it to come to start to test.

Do you have any problems with sink holes around the wicks or cracking across the tops?

I dont have any of those issues with the 464. Some do get frosting ,I dont color, but I really think all soy will frost to some extent sooner or later. There are so many variables that it is hard to say how soy wax will act from one candle maker to another.

Stella uses the C-3 I think and she uses some additives and does not have any problems that I know of...

tootie

I really don't want to go dye free, I like the colors to much. I surely can't embrace the frosting. I don't get any mixing the j223 with the C3. I would just like to use one wax. It makes it easier to order and stock.

I dont think you will totally get frost free candles. I started playing with mixes and am going to test another mix after the first of the year....but the 464 is the closest i can get to frost free candles that are all soy.

Golden Brands 444 is a very dry soy wax. It will leave frosting. Right now I have some and I am just trying to get rid of it, so I am adding it to the wax I use (GB435), plus Coconut Oil and another wax AND it still leaves frosting. Now, my concoction of wax without the 444 does not frost (much), so I know by adding (even a little) of the 444, it frosts.

Good LUck