Want more opinions about storing melts in plastic

A long time ago I searched this topic and found two recommendations. Everyone agreed it is ok to store melts in #5 plastic. Some said #1-#5 are ok. My fragrance oil comes in glass, hard plastic #1, and soft plastic #2. The FO bottles are stored in airtight Lock&Lock containers. I'm using soft plastic #1 (take-alongs) and hard plastic #5 (Ziplock) to store the melts. I thought I was doing ok until I moved them all into a large filing cabinet. Now when I get near the cabinet, I can tell I have scent leakage. Before, it was dissapating through the room so I did not realize how much scent leakage there was. My question is, WHICH CONTAINER TYPE IS LEAKING!? I'm trying to see if I can keep using any of these or do I have to switch to glass jars for everthing? I store this stuff in my living room so I really would like to get a handle on it. Thank you all for any input. Coconut

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but why are you storing your FO's in a container, then in a cabinet? The bottles themselves in a cabinet is sufficient....at least in my opinion.

As far as tarts, all of mine are kept in #5 plastic containers.

As far as what's "leaking"....here's only a couple of guesses....

1) you pour FO out of a bottle to make your candles or whatever, some leaks out and down the sides...that in itself is enough to give off a good amount of scent.

2) regardless of the # on the plastic you store your tarts in, you're going to "smell" some of it (at least I do with mine)....especially when they're all in one centralized closed up location, like a cabinet.

Hope I wasn't too far off base from what you were looking for.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but why are you storing your FO's in a container, then in a cabinet? The bottles themselves in a cabinet is sufficient....at least in my opinion.

Well, before I got the cabinet, everything was just stored on the floor, so it was easier to organize in a container. Then when I opened the container of bottles, the scent about knocked me over, so I just left them in there to try to minimize the effect. When I got the filing cabinet, it was easier to stick the whole containers in it. What I am looking for, is other people's experiences with the two different kinds of plastic. Your input is definitely helpful. Thanks!

I have votives packaged in polypro bags. They are stored in #5 containers. The containers are stored in a large #5 tote. Yup, when I open that tote I know there are votives in there. I don't think you are going to find anything to completely contain it unless you go to glass.

http://www.americanchemistry.com/s_plastics/bin.asp?CID=1102&DID=4645&DOC=FILE.PDF