Do you all??

samandkennasmom

There was a thread on here... I think titled "recycling fo's".

Anyhow... I learned that if you have stored them properly and they smell fine and haven't "turned" then they are still good and that the fo companies say they "expire" so you buy more.

Maybe do a small test of tarts or something to make sure they are good and if so... then you are set!

I actually have a few fo's that are 6 yrs old & they're still just as good as the day I bought them. Although, I've had several that did turn & had to be chunked out. You'll know if they're bad, they just get a funky chemical like twang that takes over the scent. I always put a sticker on every fo that tells the date I got it & the cost breakdown of price per lb - this just saves me from digging through receipts, in case I need that info.

Susan.

. I always put a sticker on every fo that tells the date I got it & the cost breakdown of price per lb - this just saves me from digging through receipts, in case I need that info. Susan.

Great idea Susan...and something that I try often....but HOW do you keep the sticker on a slick, oily bottle??? (LOL)

Mine always seem to smear if the least bit of FO dribbles down the bottle. I've even tried the 'tape-over' , with permanent markers...but it didn't help that much. They eventually smear anyway. I use a *ton of FOs and about 1/4 (or more) of my bottle labels are smeared...whether they're my own labels or the supplier's labels. Any good tricks/tips for keeping those labels clean and read-able?

TIA!

Mt Annie

I guess I'm kinda freakishly neat. We paint professionally & I'm the only one that isn't covered in paint or mud (when we hand texture), so that carries over in my candle making. I cover mine w/ a small strip of packaging tape, but maybe you could either spray the label w/ a sealer or run some clear nail polish over them before you tape & that would help them hold up better. I'll keep thinking about it & drop you a note if I come up w/ anything better.

Susan.