Thinking of changing jars

artcwolf

Okay so we do a lot of Renaissance type faires right now i'm using these jars with flat top lids

http://candlescience.com/containers/8oz-apothecary-jar/

I'm debating on changing to these 8oz jelly jars with a rustic lid

http://candlescience.com/containers/8oz-jelly-jar/

or 8oz tins (kind of like being able to put them on a warmer not sure if you can with a tin)

I know it'll be back to testing again, but I'm planning on going back into the testing world because a couple of customers informed me of one scent the keeps drowning out even if it didn't for me.

Any opinions?

Tins have never done well for me. (Yes, you can put them on a warmer, but they get hotter.) I think I would go for whatever you can get the best price on. It seems lately that people are going for the smaller dollar items. I think I like the over the jelly jar, but it's what works for you.

See, and I'm the opposite. lol I don't like apothecaries. I rather the look of jelly jars. I'm not talking from a chandler point of view, because I don't do candles, but from my own personal view and tastes, I like the look of jellies (and masons) compared to apothecaries. I like tin candles too. I have no problems when putting tin candles on my warmer. I usually stick them on there when there's just too little wax left to keep burning with the wick. I like to get all I can outta my tins! :)

I had got a candle in a swap one time, it was a jelly jar with a pewter colored lid (looked antique), I really liked that look!!

I've got a 5oz jar as well, but only sold one of them. I sold more of the 8oz jars. I'm trying to limit down the line from 2 jar types, tarts, and votives. When we go to faire we have a lot of stuff that get's set up other then my candles, and the table space get's tight.

I'm going to be making better displays for the candles then what i have right now over the winter months.

I'm also thinking of trying to make the candles look a bit more period to medieval england, that's why i'm looking at different jar types...

I say stick with what you have - like another poster mentioned, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Also, Apothecary style jars fit the Ren theme much more. Mason/Jelly weren't around at the time, while the apothecary ones we quite often used (no idea what they were called back then), and held many fragrant spices and herbs for "healing potions". I wish I could tell you the name of the original's, I looked it up last year, but can't remember for the life of me.

I love my 8 oz jjs they are my best seller I sell them for 6 dollars and they are flying off the shelves I can't make them fast enough. I get my jars at Early american candle supply for .48 ea lids at .14 ea I live hour away. I do not like their fos though.

Steph