Tumblers jars

I sell more tumblers than anything else. Quite honestly though sales have really slowed down with the money crunch so many people are experiencing.

I can't afford to lower the price since Libbey tumblers are so expensive, especially with the metal lid I use.

Sandi

The 7.5 ounce Crisa tumbler is my best seller. GL Candle supply and Just By Nature sell the tumblers and the plastic lids that fit real snug and are clear plastic. You should never have to worry about this thick walled glass breaking or exploding from too hot wicks. HTH.

Chuck

I've been using the crisa tumblers and I really like the look of the finished product. It just seems to have a sophisticated look. Now, if I could just figure out how to go about labeling them without losing that appeal... :confused:

I use a clear 2x4 label. I make my label only using 1/2 of the label. Then I copy and paste it onto the other half of the label. I cut with scissors and have two perfectly sized labels for the size of the tumbler. I save the label and then create new ones when needed. My customers always comment how they love the look of my tumblers and how much they dislike jelly jars. I use jelly jars for wholesale customers and or for customers who want to pay a little bit less and are ok with the look of the jelly jar. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but once you get the system down; its a piece of cake. HTH.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too use the tumbler (14 oz)and they get a great response! I added silver spa lids to them as well from the Scented Nest. Very chic.... we are adding a box to finish off the packaging as well for spring. Just need to find one I like. Lots to do!! My tumblers go for $28.00 ea. but we also have apothecary jars in 3 sizes for folks who want the "yankee" look rather than the "Seda France" look and I have different labels for the tumblers than the apothecary jars too.

I have a successful tumbler with a silver lid but I keep my price down by using a reasonably priced middle man. The Scented Nest is about 25cents a tumbler high and their lids are almost twice the rate from other common distributors. Having ordered once from SN, I can personally tell you that I have never been raped on shipping like I was there. Paid almost $20 on shipping for a 3# box that was about as big as 2 reams of paper stacked with no reply from the co when I questioned it.

In other words, tumblers can sell well and you can keep your prices down by doing some research and not settling for the highest, easily found price. ;)

I have most of a case of the Crisa tumblers left over from my previous candlemaking days (just got back into it) and I was just debating over whether to tackle testing these again or resort to masons of some sort. I like the idea of the clear lids; thought I was going to have to package in cello bags. Ick.

Anyhoo, questions: I'd also love to know what everyone charges for the 7.5 oz (I bought these so long ago I have no idea what I paid) and also wondering what wicks are working for everyone? I realize there will be wild differences in wax, but I have tried like 6 different wicks in these things and can't ever get the "perfect" burn. I think the thick glass keeps the jar from getting warm enough to help melt the wax, so I always have hangup. Whew...that was a novel, and I totally hijacked this post! Sorry! :o

Here is a place that sells silver lids. This is just one they have a whole section.

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Lids/83-mm-Silver-Metal-Cover.htm

I don't know WHY I never went here before... and they are on the east coast!!! I love that Libby/Madison jar, I just wish they had clear lids, but the silver is classy as well. And this helps to keep all of my items in one theme and I can have travel tins and smaller tumblers, when needed.

Awesome- you guys rock!:yay: