Getting ready for fall festival

chiptooth

I'm up to my eyeballs in firestarters in preparation for a 2 day fall festival this weekend. It is in a small town but they get quite the crowd and this will be my 3rd year. I know the bow is too big on my basket but I love the pinecone print so I'm leaving it as is. Also...is a kitchen really for cooking and eating?:confused:

1001750ds3.th.jpg

1001751ky6.th.jpg

http://www.homewoodjunction.net/frames.html they haven't updated the site for this years festival yet.

You think this is a kitchen?:laugh2: I can't work in the basement where I have my workshop set up. We don't have cable running to the basement so I can't watch tv and I can't listen to CDs either.With the dehumidifier running and my hot plates for 2 pour pots turned on, I blow a fuse when the tv and lights are on upstairs. (very old house with very old wiring)

You think this is a kitchen?:laugh2: I can't work in the basement where I have my workshop set up. We don't have cable running to the basement so I can't watch tv and I can't listen to CDs either.With the dehumidifier running and my hot plates for 2 pour pots turned on, I blow a fuse when the tv and lights are on upstairs. (very old house with very old wiring)

And I thought I was the only one who keeps blowing a circuit with a toaster oven, two melting pots and a work light on in my workshop, and I have a newer house, just pour wiring! Every time the freezer kicks on and the kids are watching tv, it blows the circuit! I tell the kids to shut off the tv :P

Mess, what mess...how do you think Andy Worhal got started! Mess will sort of be cleaned up in about an hour when I get everything packed in the car for the festival tomorrow. The ghost you are seeing is the tv reflecting off the window!. Sort of scared me too when I enlarged the picture. Festival I'm doing is in a little village called Homewood on the outskirts of Beaver Falls. It is just a small little town but they do get a lot of people through there on the weekend. It is only $35.00 for the 2 days. I always choose an outside space (and pray for good weather) instead of being cramped onto an 8' table in the firehall. My 10 x 10 ez up broke and my other one is 14x14 and they had no problem with me setting it up as there are only 3 of us in the small yard at the beginning of the town. I am also the only candle / fragrance type person except for a guy who sets up outside the firehall with buckets and buckets of wooden roses.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with the festival. My kitchen looks nice.....because I don't make candles in there. You should see my studio...or not......I had to step on things to get in there last week and started to clean it up. I found all kinds of things I forgot I had.....and lots of books. I have been enjoying my flowers and doing a lot of pressing lately. I made a little solar oven for pressing and drying them. Then I made a huge solar oven that holds a dutch oven. When the sun gets higher in the sky during the spring and summer months I plant to cook in there. And.....use it as a solar food dehydrator for pressing stacks of flowers. I can't grow veggies here....darn....but my flowers did well this year. I am going to make some candles with hollyhocks on them. They will obviously be large candles.

I miss everyone here......I have just been too busy being busy.

Donita