Poor Customer Service

GerberDaisyCrazy

I was going to be a first time customer of a company, so I got online and found what I wanted. I made my list, got my bank money order, sent off for my purchase, (did this during Ike). I was so excited to try these fragrances. About a week later I got my money order back. Also, a little note saying all orders are to go thru the website, and they don't accept money orders or personal checks.

I was like W-T-F? :confused: First of all not everybody has a personal computer, no every one has a credit card or feels comfortable using their card on-line. (I make all my purchases using money orders). But what really got me was, the money order was a bank money order, and as I would be a first time customer I didn't know their payment accepteness.( Plus having all the craziness of the storm). :mad:This company lost a customer,all they had to do was make my order, send it and with a little note saying something like, you maybe a first time customer so we filled your order, but we don't take money orders or personal checks. That to me would have been good customer service, but sending my money back then you don't want me for a customer at all. I don't believe they even considered where this purchase was going to, Texas. (where some of us just got or still don't have power).

When you were on the website preparing your order, did you throughly read the website to see if they accepted money orders? If there was no mention of if they accepted them or not I wouldn't deem their customer service bad. I would have called if possible to ask first.I wouldn't worry too much about it though you got your M.O back and can spend it with another vendor :)

Why should they accept your money order if that's not their policy? Secondly, if they are an online business, they know you found their website to find their fragrance, therefore, you could place the order online.

I don't think it's poor customer service at all. And why do you expect them to know it's your "first" order?

Why should they accept your money order if that's not their policy? Secondly, if they are an online business, they know you found their website to find their fragrance, therefore, you could place the order online.

I don't think it's poor customer service at all. And why do you expect them to know it's your "first" order?

I have to agree with this.

I certainly wouldn't accept a random money order sent in to me. Money orders are actually quite often refused for first time customers because of fraud. Especially with the advantage of "one time use" toss away credit card numbers. I won't take money orders at all. I'm a certified registered business, but it's a helluva lot easier to track and calculate taxes at the end of each year, because all my payments come through my site. It also provides some protection for audits.

They obviously didn't take money orders, so it was on YOU that you sent it. For all you know, they ONLY take online orders, so they had to have KNOWN you saw them online. That's how I would know. I have no brochures, no wholesale accounts (not counting the friendly terms at my grandfather's store), just my site. So if someone knew exactly what they wanted and could send a detailed list, I'd know they saw the site.

If its their policy I can understand their reaction. Unless they stated you could mail in an order, or they had a printable order form I wouldn't have expected them to take the order that way. Did the web site not mention the acceptable forms of payment?

And since you did your shopping online (tho you didn't place your order that way) YOU obviously have power, non? So that's a non-issue.

But regardless, it is a pain.

(If you do not like paying by credit card online you can often call in the number, or credit card companies usually now can give you a single-use only number. Check the web sites or call the CC company for more information).

there are ALOT! of scams with money orders.

i am surprised any company, esp. nowadays, will accept a money order as a payment option. most companies will not accept a regular bank check... most require e-checks.

blame this on the bad people out there.

sorry you had a bad experience.

take care.

A few years ago we tried to cash a cashier's check only to find out it was a fake! Thankfully my sil called and found out so, otherwise we would have been out of a lot of money (I think it was over $5,000).

What about one of those Green Dot Cards (I think that is what they are called). They are almost like a debit card, but not linked to any certain account. You are covered if it is lost or stolen.

Steph

I can certainly understand your anger, but I don't feel any company should be expected to make exceptions -- that's where the real problems come in. Then word gets around & they really look like asses trying to explain how this isn't their policy, but they have done it, but now they won't do it ... better to stick by the policy. We're fast becoming a paperless society, whether anyone likes it or not. You might consider a separate checking account w/ a debit card that you only use for situations like this. Lots of local banks or credit unions will open accounts w/ as little as $25. & don't have minimum balance requirements, mine doesn't even charge a monthly fee. Everyone has a reason why their situation deserves special consideration, so I really don't think this warrants a bad mark against a supplier.

Susan.

I just recently decided not to accept money orders anymore. They are a PITA. Not to mention the scams.

There are way too many ways of paying safely online now a days. You might want to look into those. It would certainly help you. You could order almost anywhere and your orders would get to you much faster.

I think unless you live next door to a supplier who has absolutely everything you will ever need at the best prices around, you better get used to doing business online, even if it's calling orders in with a card over the phone. Most especially in this industry with the cost of goods as they are right now. Even if you don't have a bank account, I think walmart has those fill 'er up credit cards so even that's not a good excuse anymore.

Really, how hard is it to use the phone and give them a number vs spending money on gas going to the bank, obtaining the MO, driving to the PO, paying postage to send the MO, waiting 3 days or longer for it to get to them... it's a no brainer.