Liquid Soap Woes & Disgust

ladysj

Okay I want to know if LS is suppose to be like this. I've got LS that I made back when they had the tutorial. I've added fragrance to a few bottles but OMG the soap smells like GREASE very strong & overpowering.

Is this natural I didn't seem to notice it smelling like that when I first made it. It stinks to high heaven.

What could have possibly caused this to happen? I followed everything step by step & it was nice & clear.

I've heard people have had success with the Coco-Loco recipe of Failor's. Perhaps try that one? I, too, did the LS from the tutorial and mine ended up with little globs in it no matter what I did--PLUS it smelled off to me. So I pitched it. I have a tutorial from when I went to the Ohio Soaper's Gathering and I am hoping that one will work out for me better. I'm going to give it a whirl sometime. It is on my to-do list, along with Cream Soap!

I made LS following the recipe on the Dish (it was the Coco Loco recipe, I believe). Mine does not smell off at all, so maybe it was the sunflower, as someone else said.

What did you use in place of the soft oil? I'm trying to figure out what to use that won't be too smelly. I was thinking of trying the coconut-jojoba fusion one also, but not sure what soft oil to use.