gb464 3 testers, 3 wicks, questions

hi,

i poured 3 CS pumpkin souffle candles, 1.5 ounces to a pound. top diameter of the roly poly glass (holds 8 oz.) is a bit under 3 inches and the widest part is a little over 3 inches. i used an LX24, an ECO16 and a CSN 26.

did a 4 hr. test burn today. the LX24 looked like it might drown if i let it go much longer than the 4 hrs., tho it had great throw and a nice melt pool, a bit milky tho.

the ECO16 isn't giving me a deep enough melt pool and the throw isn't as good at the LX24.

the CSN26 gives great throw, cleans the glass, but on first burn used 7/8 oz. and mushroomed. none were too hot.

i know the second burn will be different. i was thinking of pouring another with a CSN 22 wick. or will that be too small? or do you think i should wait till i finish testing these? all help gratefully accepted!

and thanks to all for the advice you've already given to me. :smiley2:

eileen

I'd say continue test burning but all of those wicks seem a bit large to me.

With that jar you are going to end up with a chimney effect once it starts getting toward the middle, it's going to heat up the top and if wicked properly it should catch up further down in the burn.

Are you putting in additives that would make the melt point of the 464 higher? I'm only asking because 464 is generally a pretty easy to wick wax and doesn't require overwicking.

I'd say continue test burning but all of those wicks seem a bit large to me.

With that jar you are going to end up with a chimney effect once it starts getting toward the middle, it's going to heat up the top and if wicked properly it should catch up further down in the burn.

Are you putting in additives that would make the melt point of the 464 higher? I'm only asking because 464 is generally a pretty easy to wick wax and doesn't require overwicking.

no, nothing at all. i did read that the pumpkin souffle is heavy and several people on the forum said they wick up with it.

i'll burn again tomorrow and see how it goes. thanks!