keeping the scent in your soap

vberkesch

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Many of you speak of not wrapping your soap at all - or with only a sleeve. Saying it will sell better if people can smell the scent.

My question for you - will the scent stay in the bar if it is not wrapped with shrink wrap? I have a cranberry fig curing right now and the scent has already diminished during curing time.

Thanks much, Vanessa

well with curing it should diminish some plus if its curing where you can smell it all the time, (mine cure in the livingroom) you will also get used to it.

when i was investigating frankencense, its supposed to help hold a scent. i have used it, but haven't noticed any difference. so maybe it works, i don't know.

If you sell you soap in one place take about a quarter of it and drill a hole through it so you can hang it near the wrapped bars are.

Something I've been doing lately is boxing my batches up individully. I don't like to put any plastic wrap around the soap. I've started with some of my older soaps that have been on the rack for a while, and it has help to restore the scents on them. I've even considered putting something with the FO on it inside the boxes to keep them stronger.

Sometimes when the scent fades on the outside, it can perk back up again when it gets wet in the shower. That doesn't help when other people are smelling to buy it though.

A couple other things that help are to use really strong scents, or you can up the amount you are using.

I make M&P, mom makes CP,,, we wrap all of our soaps. MP needs to be wrapped because of the humidity factor,, but we wrap our CP soaps too.

We wrap our CP soap in sarah wrap, then put our cigar band around it, to keep them clean from other customers. Lots of customers like to touch and smell. We like to keep our soap free from body oils, that could be picked up on the soap, when customers touch them.