drats

Jo Ann

don't think this batch turned out. sigh it doesn't appear as if it will get very hard. I cooked it for two hours. then cooled it a bit put in the eo and then put it in the mold.

but a bit i kept out is just mush after cooling. this is the first time i used palm oil. may just go back to lard.

my son used the soap tonight and really liked it. i used bergamot (which i spilled and gave me a headache [i have allergies]so i won't be using the soap) patchouli and frankencense. and on his skin it smelled nice. he loved the lather and how well it rinsed. guess it was a success.:rolleyes2 but it is still soft and hopefully it will harden some more.

i go by soap calc...never seem to have trouble. yesterday it just took longer than normal to start and get hard. even tho i can use it right away, i like to let it set about 5 day just for good luck (but decided last night to use my son as a guinea pig) and he said his skin still feels good this morning.

I use soap calc also, but I go by full water with the sage calc, because I hate when hp comes out all lumpy and you can't smoosh it in the mold lol.

mine isn't really lumpy, but a bit rustic looking. like homemade soap. LOL but do you have to do full water can't you just change the percentage a bit?

now what is the sage calc?

I melt it all down then mix periodically until it's "scoopable" - that way it's fairly homogeneous, If you don't keep stirring as it cools then the stearic just settles out and you are back where you started.

another option is to melt and then split into smaller containers. they you can just totally melt the smaller amounts to pour off of each time.

kwim?