shipping quote

LynnS

I am sending 27 candles to NC.I checked with PO and for priority it would be $21.60 and regular shipping it would be $19.37. I think I will go with the regular shipping depending on how long it takes.So far most of my orders arrive between 2-4 days. Sometimes priority sometimes not.I go with the lowest cost.

This is for wholesale starting out so want them to be able to get their retail cost back. Not just a couple dollars.

The flat rate box holds approx 16 candles but have more than that.

Tried a shipping center and it was $24.00.The drive is 25 miles and the PO is only 1 1/2 miles but still going with the better rate. I can cough up a few cents just not dollars.

This is not precise as i need to have it weighed.I do have a approx weight as 25 lbs.Added a bit with the box and packing.

Off to make and pack. Shipping gets more and more complicated and costly.

LynnS

Ever since the PO adjusted their shipping rates a couple of years back, there hasn't been a whole lot of difference between priority mail and parcel post. Maybe you could give the customer the various rates and methods and let them choose? That is how some suppliers do it and I know I appreciate having a choice.

I called a shipping outlet and got a price of $24.00.I don't know the dimensions of the box so cannot be sure.But with 27 candles it will be big. I tried the bigger USPS flat rate and couldn't get a box of 12 in that so that was ruled out.I would have to use another box. That would be over $24.00. They are the 8 ounce JJ.NOT sure what company they were estimating and why I hate calling them.They are 25 miles from me and hate to drive that far and bring them back home.

PO gave me a estimate of $19.37.I could handle that but still need to find a big enough box.Shipping 2 boxes wouldn't seem feasible. It will weigh approx 25 lbs.I upped it a bit to round off. Have some packaging and also the box.

I'll pack it and try to PO tomorrow.

LynnS

I would definitely go with a different carrier like fedex or dhl, usually it's way cheaper once you go over so many lbs. Plus like soapmom said it would be insured. Those shipping centers usually tack on an extra fee sometimes compared to online it's usually from $2-$5 more. Printing your shipping online then dropping it off is much easier and cheaper.

I called a shipping outlet and got a price of $24.00.I don't know the dimensions of the box so cannot be sure.But with 27 candles it will be big. I tried the bigger USPS flat rate and couldn't get a box of 12 in that so that was ruled out.I would have to use another box. That would be over $24.00. They are the 8 ounce JJ.NOT sure what company they were estimating and why I hate calling them.They are 25 miles from me and hate to drive that far and bring them back home.

PO gave me a estimate of $19.37.I could handle that but still need to find a big enough box.Shipping 2 boxes wouldn't seem feasible. It will weigh approx 25 lbs.I upped it a bit to round off. Have some packaging and also the box.

I'll pack it and try to PO tomorrow.

LynnS

In that case, you might be better off FedEx'ing it.

If you ship certain types of boxes for the USPS, they have carrier pick up though. I use that because I send almost all my boxes flat rate priority these days.

I also send all my packages/orders with flat rate priority with PO. Love doing that but with the wholesale I need the best shipping.Soon will be shipping 100 candles and I need a good shipping price.Wholesaler needs to make money too after the cost of shipping.

I feel so stupid having to get this all figured but all shipping is different and I hope my wholesalers understand.Different zips and weight so always a different cost for to them.

This does answer alot and will get quotes but wish all shipping places were closer till I get the hang of it and have pick ups. All are 25 miles or more from where I live.I need pick ups and will talk to someone about this.Seems they don't want to talk on the phone even for quotes .I am sure they are busy.

LynnS