WSP MP Help

soycrazy

I've been working with the natural white base and I'm having problems with how soft it is does stearic really help or should I add a bit of the SFIC base to it? I'm also having trouble with layers in a mold I'm using, my first color keeps coming off, I'm not sure if it's from the softness of the soap or I'm not doing something right. I pour the first layer spritz with alcohol then let dry, then pour the 2nd layer. Any help would be great :)

Try this once--Pour your first layer, wait until hard enough to pour the next layer -take the tip of a knife or a fork and make crisscross marks into the first layer deep enough for the next layer to seep into it -spritz with your alcohol, then pour.

Works for me everytime.

The layer tip worked great, but the stearic did not it still was so soft you can put a imprint in with your finger. I found a trick though I melt it down twice and it seems to get really hard :)

Do you have any beeswax? I've found that to be a great hardening agent for my MP soap. I usually shred it and add 2 or 3 TBS per pound of base. Olive oil is another good oil to use for a harder bar of soap, you can add that in at approx 2 TBS pp of base as well, it tends to make a slimy feeling bar if you add too much. Good luck!

Do you have any beeswax? I've found that to be a great hardening agent for my MP soap. I usually shred it and add 2 or 3 TBS per pound of base. Olive oil is another good oil to use for a harder bar of soap, you can add that in at approx 2 TBS pp of base as well, it tends to make a slimy feeling bar if you add too much. Good luck!

Beeswax works great, I learned that from PA :P , I use the pellets and melt them down.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know. My soaps lather beautifully, but it's due to the other additives that I put in. So, I'm honestly not sure if the beeswax alone would deter the lather. If I had to guess I'd say yes if you weren't adding extras to improve lather on top of it! Sorry I'm not much help.

Does the beeswax make it lather less?