need carebear again

Callmaker

Care bear, I made the CP soap recipe again that QG posted. This time I let the butters/oil cool down before adding the lye...I have a new situation..I know you are gonna want to throw me off this board before long. This time 24 hours later it is not hard yet, it is like real mushy, and has alot of white powder on top, help:confused: I did not add any fo as my husband wanted some to use with no scent before he goes hunting. I have not taken it out of the mold yet because its not hard enough....And what is the white powder on top?

Not Carebear but it sounds like your soap got ash. Ash does not hurt the soap either. Some even believe in embracing ash. Sometimes, ash can actually enhance the look of your soap. Ash can be washed or cut off if you don't like it. To help avoid or reduce ash, keep your soap covered until it is ready to be unmolded. I get ash alot because I have to always open my soap up to take a peek.

Did you use full water with this recipe? The more water you use, the longer it will take for the soap to get hard enough to unmold. Did you use a scale to measure your ingredients? Is your soap just really soft or does it look like it hasn't saponfied yet? You could be off on your ingredients.

If it is just still soft, give the soap more time to see if it will harden up. I've had a soap before that I had to leave in the mold for several days before I could unmold. As long as it is not lye heavy, it will be o.k.