layer candles but not rustic!

Handmade

These candles were made from pillar wax mp58-60 C and I added 3tbs stearin per pound wax .I also added UV and fragrance .I used aluminium molds.I poured the wax at 150F and the room temperature was about 27C. The next layers were poured at about 155F.I tested the candles and the burning is absolutely perfect . There is no problem with the layers .The only problem is that there was no white effect around the candle .

I saw the layer rustic candles that Scented made http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75753

and I really loved them . Jokerjen and JudyVega also made these kind of candles .

Does anybody know the technic of "swirling" for these candles?

post-548-139458450033_thumb.jpg

Was that 3 heaping tablespoons or just level? Did you pour a little, slosh and then pour more in? Do you know what the mp of your wax is?

And did you check out judyvega's tutorial?

The mp of the wax is 58-60 Cº But I don't know the equivelant ºF.

I added 3 heaping tbsand I poured the wax in the mold until the end of each layer . Them I waited for about 10 min and then I poured the next layer 5 degrees higher = 155ºF.

It's approx. 136 most likely ... just found a converter.

I'd say if you aren't getting frost then drop your temps 5 degrees, do the rocking, sloshing I mentioned in a PM and see if that helps. It's pure paraffin right? Like there's no soy in there.

I am afraid that If I drop the pour temperature 5 degrees then the layers may "unstick".

The wax that I use is suitable for pillar candles .I am sure that there is no soy in this wax .

I am afraid that If I drop the pour temperature 5 degrees then the layers may "unstick".

The wax that I use is suitable for pillar candles .I am sure that there is no soy in this wax .

I had success pouring at 145 with my wax, but understand the layers not sticking. Happens at times. One thing I do is to poke my relief holes through the entire candle (going through all the layers to help bind them some more.)

I had success pouring at 145 with my wax, but understand the layers not sticking. Happens at times. One thing I do is to poke my relief holes through the entire candle (going through all the layers to help bind them some more.)

Scented I agree with all the things that you say .:highfive: