4630 vs j223

I get major wet spots with 4630. I tried heating the jars, didn't make a difference. Have slow cooled in a box, still get them, ugh!

CandleGirl, how hot are you pouring the wax? I had problems with 4630 when heated too high.

I have tested both waxes. J223 is probably a better wax, less prone to smoking than 4630, but more expensive. Melt point is about the same. J50 has a higher melt point so the application is a little different. Also a good wax. JMHO.

Just a quick comment on wet spots. Some of you laughed at those of us who use Crisco and heat our jars to eliminate wet spots, but after reading your comments on the wet spot complaints in 4630 & j223, I just smile.

I use J50 and add Crisco & I heat my jars, and I get very few wet spots. When I do get a couple, it's usually because I get in a hurry and pour too hot. (Usually the last batch of the evening when I want to go to bed.)

Fredron

Just a quick comment on wet spots. Some of you laughed at those of us who use Crisco and heat our jars to eliminate wet spots, but after reading your comments on the wet spot complaints in 4630 & j223, I just smile.

I use J50 and add Crisco & I heat my jars, and I get very few wet spots. When I do get a couple, it's usually because I get in a hurry and pour too hot. (Usually the last batch of the evening when I want to go to bed.)

Fredron

When we pour 4630 and cool, no wet spots. It is after we have had them stored in the cardboard box for awhile that the wet spots show up - probably too cool where they are stored. When I bring them home and set them out, they are fine....no wet spots.

We do heat our jars, but don't wash them like we used to - just wipe them out, especially where we place the wicks. I am still on the fence about that - I still "feel" a coating on them, which I think will attract dust, etc. They are stored in closed boxes, but once they are out and on display....