Designer 218??

Trish

I've decided to change web hosts and my current host has switched their platform and now I can't edit my site without redoing it completely.

Since I have to redo it, I'm looking for something easier for me to work with because I'm HTML stupid!

I've been reading and researching for days and my eyes have now rolled back in my head but I think I've decided to go with Designer 218.

For those of you that use this host, are there free templates to use? I've searched that site but at this point, I've been reading for so long I've probably missed it. I'd like to order right now and just be done!

I don't want any kind of country/prim look and hope they have some sort of template that will work for me.

Also, does anyone know how long after I order that I will be able to start working on it? I know...so impatient!

TIA :grin2:

Just ask her. I don't use her, but the next time I have problems with my site, I will be using her. She's quick to answer questions. I do know that and comes highly recommended from quite a few whose opinions I'd trust.

Gee, thanks Scented! LOL

I said I was impatient, so I was hoping someone who knew could tell me so I didn't have to wait until tomorrow. But I guess I'll just wait and find out! :grin2:

I've never heard anything bad about Designer 218. I think this is the program I have decided to use when I am ready to finally get a site up. The thought of the whole process just overwhelms me though. But after having priced what it would cost to have someone build a site for me, I do believe this is the way to go.

Good luck with the rebuild Trish. :smiley2:

I've never heard anything bad about Designer 218. I think this is the program I have decided to use when I am ready to finally get a site up. The thought of the whole process just overwhelms me though. But after having priced what it would cost to have someone build a site for me, I do believe this is the way to go.

Good luck with the rebuild Trish. :smiley2:

Welcome to the club! Actually, I just started with them and I'm currently building my site -- very easy so far. Considering I've never built my own website before, this is very user friendly. I ordered last Sunday and my site was up on Monday. Mandi's customer service is top notch.

I am also with Mandi Designer 218.....my website - its 'easy' to navigate & was real easy to set up...She's WONDERFUL to work with - best customer service I've ever had & this I believe is my 3rd place; I'm not going anywhere now!!

If you have any troubles she's right there to help/guide you through it - I've even talked to her directly on the phone...

Go for it! You'll be glad ya did:yay:

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

Mandi is the greatest. Go with Designer218 and you will not be sorry. I was with Penny Layne and got royally screwed by her to the tune of over $400. Mandi got me up and running the same day. I also had the country template from Penney Layne and hated it. Mandi will do a template for you and you will be a very happy person.:yay: :yay:

Rae

I am currently using http://www.gracefulhosting.com/cart/ it has been great....he works with me on the weekends and answers all my emails very quick. I tried using WAHM and DIY but I couldnt figure it out. Take a look at his site and you can see his other customers pages and see that you dont have to have a country look. HTH

I am also with Mandi Designer 218.....my website - its 'easy' to navigate & was real easy to set up...She's WONDERFUL to work with - best customer service I've ever had & this I believe is my 3rd place; I'm not going anywhere now!!

If you have any troubles she's right there to help/guide you through it - I've even talked to her directly on the phone...

Go for it! You'll be glad ya did:yay:

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I just love the music on your site.

With 218 (and most others), you choose the layout and she will set the template for you. I have occasionally wanted things "off the template", so to speak. She just goes in and changes it for me. For example, my topper is not a standard size. I told her the size I wanted, and bam, done!

I do all my own design and graphics, and I don't have to depend on anyone to help in that regard, so I can't address that. I like to change the look seasonally, so hiring someone to do it for me would be out of the question.

A word of advice: When working on your site, do NOT use Mozilla. Always use IE. The reason is because with Mozilla, it is completely and totally html. With IE, it's a very simple wizard.

And yes, Mandi is always there for you. She's got the patience of Job.

Thank you everyone!

I got in touch with Mandi yesterday and within minutes she had my temporary site up! WOW!!!

Granted, now it's overwhelming, where to start... but I've hired someone to do a custom template for me so I think I'll wait for that!

I'm actually excited. Seems like a long time since I've been excited about my business! :yay:

I am currently using http://www.gracefulhosting.com/cart/ it has been great....he works with me on the weekends and answers all my emails very quick. I tried using WAHM and DIY but I couldnt figure it out. Take a look at his site and you can see his other customers pages and see that you dont have to have a country look. HTH

What are you talking about? Nobody has to have "that country look". Your site is what YOU choose, not what your host chooses. The look of a site has absolutely zero to do with your host.

I've decided to change web hosts and my current host has switched their platform and now I can't edit my site without redoing it completely.

Since I have to redo it, I'm looking for something easier for me to work with because I'm HTML stupid!

I've been reading and researching for days and my eyes have now rolled back in my head but I think I've decided to go with Designer 218.

For those of you that use this host, are there free templates to use? I've searched that site but at this point, I've been reading for so long I've probably missed it. I'd like to order right now and just be done!

I don't want any kind of country/prim look and hope they have some sort of template that will work for me.

Also, does anyone know how long after I order that I will be able to start working on it? I know...so impatient!

TIA :grin2:

Sliverofwax-

What am I talking about? Are you serious? I said that he did good work and would have templates that werent country. Maybe you should read all the post before you ask me that. I know that you can choose what you want your site to be designed with. I just meant that he could suggest something that she was looking for. Like he did with me. I know that the host has nothing to do with your design.

• 8 months later...

After all the work I did on making a new look for my site, I have to find a new host and do it all over again! Ughhh! So I hope it as easy as you all say it is! lol I have sent a msh to Mandy, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! She is a little more expensive than what I was paying but from what I hear, I won't be disappointed! And this is from many people who's opinions I value.