Has 4794 changed??

I'm so stressed. I just poured tarts and votives from a new batch of 4794. They ALWAYS require a repour. ALWAYS! I've used this wax for 3 years. Today...flat tops. The throw on the tarts is awful. I've got orders up the yin yang and I think the wax is either the wrong wax, or something's changed. Argh!! Does anyone know if the wax has changed at all?? I think they mislabeled the dang wax.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you guys. I'm so frustrated. I've had wonderful luck with this wax up until now. There is a small sunken spot in the tops of the tarts, but usually this wax ripples across the top...it always has. The tops are smooth. I'm going to pour some of my tried and true guaranteed house filling scents and see how they do. Of course this happens during my busy season. Ugh.

LOL! Heavens knows I don't need any more grey hair! I'm calling them this morning. I just wanted to pour a few more scents to make sure it's not just certain scents (although I'm pretty much convinced it's not.) I poured Pumpkin Souffle the day before yesterday...with rippled tops. I poured the EXACT same fragrance last night with the new batch of wax...smooth tops, dip in the center, no ripples in site. Poured some florals this morning...same. So weird. Ironically, I've tried for years to get rid of the rippled tops. If the throw was good, I'd just let it be...but it's not as strong as it should be.

I called Peaks. They say it hasn't changed and it's possible it was mislabeled. I sent them a sample of the wax to have analyzed. I KNOW this isn't the same wax. Very, very frustrating. I had to order new 4794 from BCS just to tide me over until we get this figured out. Peaks has always been excellent with their customer service, so I hope they can fix this.

I have to agree with you on this wax Brenda. With all the review on this wax I bought a case thinking I was getting a really awesome tart wax but.... I thought the scent throw was little to none. I was very disappointed in it. :sad2: I used up one slab just trying to get the scent throw all the reviews were saying you got from this wax. The rest of the case just sit's in my workroom.

Cindy/WI

I can't answer your question with alot of history from using 4794, but I tested some trying to find a replacement for the 6006. I thought the scent throw was nil to none in comparison to what I expected from reviews. Since I was only testing I moved on . .

We bought several cases of 4794 at C&S in March. Except for it being a little cloudy - which we aren't used to - our pours and repours appear to be the same as the old batch. The burn, scent throw, etc. has not changed - still good.

Please keep us updated - there is nothing worse than being in the busy season and noticing that something has changed!

We bought several cases of 4794 at C&S in March. Except for it being a little cloudy - which we aren't used to - our pours and repours appear to be the same as the old batch. The burn, scent throw, etc. has not changed - still good.

Please keep us updated - there is nothing worse than being in the busy season and noticing that something has changed!

I also experienced the "cloudiness" with the new cases. The wax feels different also. It almost feels like the high melt 150-160 Votive Blend. Great....more issues!!:mad:

Thank you for the suggestion of Candle Science. I did place an order with them for a slab, so we'll see how it does. The BCS and Peaks 4794 was the same....awful...but they both purchase from the same manufacturer and it is possible it's from the same lot (the BCS wax didn't have a lot number on it). I'm so unbelievably frustrated right now. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, it has not always had the rippled tops. For me that started two years ago. Smooth to begin with then all of a sudden the ripples with my new order. i just went with it. but everyone seems to be out of it right now....unless i want to pay almost a $90 without the shipping included OMG! i have been thinking of swichting to soy anyways, maybe the ecosoya wax pillar type from wsp?