Candle Science new FO???

LeahRB

LeahRB - if you like Cedar have you tried the Christmas Cedar from CS. I really like that one. I bought it last year, guess they still have it.

I am really curious about the Cedarwood Vanilla also, that was the only 1 of their new ones I was interested in.

Well got mine in today and while I'm a bit stuffed up, I could smell every single one and they're all good. Some better than others, but I don't know how else to say that I didn't get a dud in the batch. At least OOB. I have to say my fave is the strawberry shortcake! You can totally smell the tart strawberry smell with a hint of sugar in it. It's go so many different layers to it and you don't get it all at once. Very nice!

The cedarwood vanilla is really woody. You can definately smell the cedar in it. It's got a nice, soft scent mixed in and can't decide if that's the vanilla or not. haha Again, my nose is pretty stuffy.

Uhm, the chocolate biscotti smelled pretty good too. I don't know what I was expecting as it smells like a chocolate cookie type, but I was thinking it would be more rich. Still really good scent!

I never smelled their original macintosh, but this new one is really really good! Smells as if I'm cutting right into one as I can get a hint of the skin in it too. Very realistic apple.

The pecan pie is a really sugary scent to me. And the buttered rum has a couple different notes that pop out at me. I get the buttery smell first and then an almost candy like scent. Don't know how else to describe it.

Anyhow, all in all -- great new scents! I'm VERY pleased CS! :D

I've tried their McIntosh Apple. I am testing it in a new jar. I am pleased with it in the bottle, it smells great! But burning, it's really not as strong as I would have wanted it.

I used it in a candelina jar that they sell, with 4627, 8% FO and an ECO 4. The candle is burning pretty good as far as the wick is concerned. I have a little shell, about 1/8 of an inch, but as it burns down the shell does as well.

The cold throw is good, but, I don't know, maybe I just have candle nose or something. I've gone out and back in a couple times and tried the coffee thing, nothing is cutting it. Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. I'm gonna have Kay (fellow CTer) here this weekend and let her smell it. It could just be me. I had such high hopes for this baby, I just love the smell of it in the bottle.

Well, I don't know if that helped anyone, but if anyone has any suggestions, I sure would be open to them.

Thanks,

Shari

Shari-

The Apple and Clover oil has a very good throw. I've used it in 4627, 10% fo, 10 oz jar with an eco 10 and it did my whole open floor plan. It reminds me of straight apple, no cinnamon, no food but perhaps the slightest, slightest floral note in backround. I was thinking that the new Mac Apple would be similar and throw similarly well. I will try it, but definitely start with the one ounce size. Thanks for review.

Jadewicks- thanks for cedarwood van description. I am glad to hear it is not drowning in very vanilla. I don't like when the earthy scents are overly sweet.

I am holding off till last day of sale before I order. I am in the process of testing about 35 or so samplers (ICS, Flickers, BS) that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Will post reviews when I have them.

Eve

Shari-

The Apple and Clover oil has a very good throw. I've used it in 4627, 10% fo, 10 oz jar with an eco 10 and it did my whole open floor plan. It reminds me of straight apple, no cinnamon, no food but perhaps the slightest, slightest floral note in backround. I was thinking that the new Mac Apple would be similar and throw similarly well. I will try it, but definitely start with the one ounce size. Thanks for review.

Eve

Thanks Eve. I should be getting to order this week, so I will definitely try it. I had a guy ask me this weekend at a show if we had a straight apple, no cinnamon, just apple. I had to say "no". But you know how it goes, you can't have everything everyone wants.

Thanks for the advice!

Shari