For You Rebatch Skeptics

eugenia

This is from a failed orange patch batch, not the look I wanted so I rebatched, using the roasting bag with rubber band in simmering water. You can get it pretty darn smooth with this method!

This is all that's left, the rest are already sold:

PatchOrangeRebatch.jpg

They look like marble...turned out very pretty...Would never know they were rebatched..

Did you stir at all once they were melted, or just squeezed out

of the bag into the mold?

I squeezed the soap into a stainless bowl, added a bit of EO, mixed, and more color, barely mixed; that's the marble effect. Make sure you have mitts or gloves for the squeeze part, LOL!

e

You can add more color or fragrance. You need to be patient, if you let it simmer enough, it will get liquid. Just cut a corner, use mitts and squeeze it out. If you want to add stuff, squeeze into a bowl, or just squeeze into the mold. A log mold with a lid that you can squish on works best. I did some tonight; I hate wasting anything, especially ugly good soap.

e

Wow!

:bow:

I tried rebatching this past weekend, oven method. I think perhaps I must not have patient enough because it never became pourable. I got it to the mashed potato consistency. Perhaps I will try the bag method next time.

• 4 months later...

I just love rebatching my cut up soaps. I can almost do it my eyes closed now.

Cut up pieces of soaps in a big pot, add water and mix it all until wet. Drain the water completely. Put the lid on the pot and up in a pre-heated oven of 200F. Forget the whole thing for 2 hours, take it out and mix it very well. All the pieces should be now in liquid form. Add new fragrance oils and colors if wanted and pour in prepared lined containers. Let it cool off, cut it out and it is ready to use.

Marvellous way of reworking soaps to my likes!

rebatch-1.jpg

Themanaftermidnightcap-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thank you Firefly,

I just love rebatching. The soaps last way longer and it gets very hard as a finish product.

I have old bars of handmade soap from 2 years ago that I will rebatch in the near future.

For me, rebatching is a great way to try new fragrance, new forms and new colors.

Buble,

Mine isn't a pretty as your picture and I had to add a fair bit of blue to get it to a decent shade but it's the smoothest rebatch I've had. I'm waiting for it to get a bit harder and then I'll bevel and cut it and perhaps post photos of it. I tried to get a neat texture on top but think I'll rub green mica on top to make it a bit prettier.

It is a great way to use up scraps and does last a long time.