Calls from 202-580-8200 are FAKE! Beware!

I just received a call from a man with a thick British type accent, that was inquiring about my company (called it by name) and was wondering if the shipping address would be on the invoice. Said he wanted to order candles, etc....

So I googled the number and there are a couple of boards that address this number coming up on peoples caller ID inquiring about all sorts of things. Many have received threatening calls, calls in the middle of the night, etc....

Just beware, this is not for real! If you see this number, don't bother answering IMO.

Carrie

Hmmmm...I need to check my caller ID because I got a call from a person with the type of accent you described. I did not pay attention to the number.

About three weeks ago I got a call from someone with such a thick Indian accent that I could not understand him. He was trying to sell me jars is what I took away from the little of the conversation I could make out. I finally just had to hang up because after telling him over and over again I could not understand him, he just kept getting louder and louder.

I don't get calls but i make them to my credit card service, my internet service, telephone and house payment and all speak very little English.I cannot understand them and when I ask them to repeat it they get hostile.

Everyone I know are losing jobs and the jobs are going overseas.My friend worked for a major insurance company and her and her co-workers trained people who were taking over their jobs in another country.All of this company will be gone soon.:sad2:

Was really stunned when one of my doctors had a company from Japan calling and telling me I had a appt on such and such a day.Must not have lasted long because the next time it was English and back to their old system. Japan called me a week before my appt.:shocked2:

LynnS