Let's Pretend for a minute........

Kymber

that you have created this very unique product and it has gone wild (let's pretend nationally) and you of course have all your ducks in a row.....trademarks are registered, challenge testing is complete.....and you are going to set up a manufacturing facility to produce in huge quantities (lotion) what equipment would you for sure buy to be able to produce in let's say 10-25 (probably even more then that) gallons of each scent at a time. This would include making the lotion and filling the bottles and labeling the bottles?? What equipment would you think is a must have??

I know this sounds strange but about 2 weeks ago I went on youtube and put candles under the search and a few candle companies came up but then there were videos of companies giving demos on their candle making equipment.This equipment would be for high volume production/labeling etc.Maybe you can check it out and search lotion making or call the companies on the videos and see if they do b&b equipment as well.HTH

This has nothing to do with the production but my friend has a invention.Well it is something she thought up and it is in the stages now of a company searching for other companies to be interested in the item. First she sent the idea to this man and he researched that there were things similiar but not exact but none were ever off the ground for some reason. Then she sent him the money to contact companies. He has drawn up her invention about the same as she has but a slight difference.Now comes the wording on how to present the item to the companies. He will soon be working on that.THEN he presents it to the companies and whoever wants it and pays top dollar will get the item AND they make the product at their manufacturing company.He goes for whoever pays top dollar and he makes 25% from it. Still though in the beginning and might go somewhere.I would'nt think though someone like this man would go this far without THINKING it is OK to move on with.

She doesn't want to manusfacture it.This might be a idea for you.Saves on all the equipment and the plant to produce your product.I am sure this would be another way to do it. At least the route I also would go. My husband has a idea and has for some years but never put it out there. Maybe someday. It would be huge and save alot of semis from losing their heavy loads of steel.

LynnS

I really would have all the work outsourced. I saved an article I found in Happi about this but can't remember right now where it is.

That would definately be cheaper then putting in all the huge equipment it would require. I wonder if shipping would kill ya on shipping that kind of quantity? And end up driving your prices up too high?

What about out sourcing it first to see how the product takes off and once you know that factor you can decide whether it's worth buying & putting the equipment in your facility. Would you rent a building or purchase a building? Either way, that is alot of cash outlay especially in these financially troubled times.

THere are some labs/businesses you can check out. I'd give you a list, but can't find where I put the info. I'd think it would be cheaper to go that route, but at the same time ... I would like the security of knowing it wasn't shipped to China for a shot of lead type of thing ... meaning you know exactly what's going in and not worrying that the company you hired to package has an undercover terrorist (now call me paranoid lol.)

What about out sourcing it first to see how the product takes off and once you know that factor you can decide whether it's worth buying & putting the equipment in your facility. Would you rent a building or purchase a building? Either way, that is alot of cash outlay especially in these financially troubled times.

I don't think you would even be talking about putting that kind of dollors out there if the product hadn't already proven itself and you weren't trying to meet a huge demand.

THere are some labs/businesses you can check out. I'd give you a list, but can't find where I put the info. I'd think it would be cheaper to go that route, but at the same time ... I would like the security of knowing it wasn't shipped to China for a shot of lead type of thing ... meaning you know exactly what's going in and not worrying that the company you hired to package has an undercover terrorist (now call me paranoid lol.)

LMAO!! Well ...... you also have to consider that you are trusting your formula and methology with them. Yes they have confidentiality agreements and such but ...you just never know. And if you are buying it in major bulk and freighting it in...is it really cheaper?? I really have no clue and don't know anyone who out sources?