quik ? about licensing

If you're selling anything I think you probably need to register with your state to obtain a license or retail certificate of some sort.

I'm not sure what you mean by premade bases--are you forumlating them yourself to sell, or are you buying premade bases and reselling those? If your formulating them yourself, you probably also need to inquire as to whether any type of facility inspection or product testing is required from your state or local health department.

It does not matter if you make your base or not. A sale is a sale and your state more than likely requires a license. Check with your state to see what the specific requirements are since it can vary from state to state. Also, I would not a sell a thing without insurance - even if you don't make the base. Your customer will not know that you do not make your bases. Should they have a problem with your product, it will be YOU that they initially come after in court. A court case can be very costly whether you prevail or not.

You will need a sales license, but you will not need a special manufacturer's license IF you are using certain types of bases - USUALLY. This can vary state to state, but that's the most common answer when I searched this board last year.

It'd be a good idea to go to the SBA website and find the free workshop near you, they'll know the details on what you will and will not need based on your states laws.

but that's the most common answer when I searched this board last year.

Two big problems there. Firstly, answers on this board aren't necessarily legally correct answers. We've seen that time and time and time again.

Secondly, even if answers here were correct last year, things change. What might have been true last year could be 180 degrees different this year.

Macy, you need to check on a federal level and work your way down to state, county, and city levels. I wouldn't depend on an answer I got here.

Sliver is right. Nobody should expect to run a business by getting answers to legal questions from an internet forum. People can try to guide you in the right direction and may even have the correct answers, but ultimately you are the one who can be hit with tax penalties and other fines as well as consumer lawsuits if you rely on secondhand information and don't conduct your own research with official government sources.

Two big problems there. Firstly, answers on this board aren't necessarily legally correct answers. We've seen that time and time and time again.

Secondly, even if answers here were correct last year, things change. What might have been true last year could be 180 degrees different this year.

Macy, you need to check on a federal level and work your way down to state, county, and city levels. I wouldn't depend on an answer I got here.

I should have clarified that the posts were included to links for the info. Not just random posts, for this kind of thing, I start here and use links provided to get a start. But that's also why I recommended the SBA, they'll have it all ready to go.

PixieWick, I do not mind sharing at all. It is a start up grant for small businesses which will help you get started or if you are already up and running then you just tell them what you are using the money for. It is through microenterprise which the state provided the money. One of the local churches here also was giving a thousand dollar grant for entreprenuers to get the supplies or whatever they need for your business and they really help the community out with computer classes and everything. I know most people would say that is not much but every little bit helps