FYI - Patchouli price tripled @

islandgirl

Candles and Supplies...:shocked2:

They must have gotten their new batch in and it went

from $14.99 ($12.50 with discount) to $36.00 LB!!!

I am sure other suppliers will be hit when they reorder their stock..

I was waiting for Patchouli to skyrocket in price.. :(

So heads up hippies!!!

My company is expecting the price to come down by the end of the year. Not to anywhere near where it used to be, but probably down 1/3 from where it is now. But predictions are often worth only the paper they are written on...

What I discovered shortly after the Patchouli prices rose, and my customer's were wanting alot of it, the quality of the FO's I did find and buy like plain Patchouli and Raspberry Patchouli weren't of a good quality at all and these were from reputable suppliers I've purchased from before. I have plenty of both and can't even use them.....OOB...well let's just say....it was more like NOOB ----nothing out of bottle. Can't return 'em either.:sad2:

Candles and Supplies...:shocked2:

They must have gotten their new batch in and it went

from $14.99 ($12.50 with discount) to $36.00 LB!!!

I am sure other suppliers will be hit when they reorder their stock..

I was waiting for Patchouli to skyrocket in price.. :(

So heads up hippies!!!

Thanks for the heads up but like Scented said, this happened well over a year ago. Tsunami or some such thing caused a massive crop failure. Most suppliers aren't restocking until the price comes down. Patch essential oil is $100 or more/16 oz.

I was sooooo glad I got 3 lbs. of EO before the price increased and stock piled a couple FO's that have patchouli in them. Like Scented said, us hippies stocked up at the first whisper of crop failure!! :cool2:

No, lol! BUT, the price (last I looked) for such patchouli FOs like Karma and Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli are still the same. I thought I was doing good to get an extra pound of patch FO for about $39 ish and it's a stinky patch (smells so good lol!) I wasn't lucky enough to get any EO though. I think I'm just about to drop to 15 lbs of patchouli-related FOs and thinking I didn't get enough ... and thinking I may need to think about hording in some more Karma.

I'm not a Patchouli lover and have no idea about this scent, but I do know Candle Cocoon is usually a good supplier. Thought I would post that I just got a Newsflash from Candle Cocoon with the following special:

Scent of the Month

Patchouli Dreams

$16.00 for a full pound! (Reg $21.00) Not good with other discounts. One per customer. Sale ends July 31st 2008 at Midnight.

http://rochester.hostforweb.net/~candleco/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_=F0010&xm=on&ppinc=search2to order. Just write in "Newsflash Member" at the bottom of your order form.

HTH,

Jane