I soaped beer!

Brat

I've read about beer soap, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I got some local stuff, Abita Amber, poured it into a glass, and let it sit in the fridge for I guess it's been 3 days. Then went outside in the grass expecting volcanos and fumes and all manner of scary things, but it behaved really well when I mixed the lye into it. Only thing was that it got a little applesaucey when I poured. And I got one of those silicone cupcake pans recently, figured I'd give it a try, and my recipe happens to be about the perfect amount for it.

Anyway, here they are resting, I'm hoping they keep this nice light color.

IMG_1919.jpg

Yup, 100% beer, no water. Here they are out of the mold. I've read that they're supposed to have a light, nutty scent, so I didn't use any FO. I just did it last nite, so I'll update this weekend how they smell.

IMG_1932.jpg

From what I've read, the sugars in the beer are suppossed to do wonderful things for the suds. I might have to HP a batch to see for sure, I'm a chicken when it comes to trying out CP before a cure LOL