Just put my first layered CP soap to bed!

asheebeans

Wow, I gotta give you guys who do layers on a regular basis some credit! :bow: That was the most challenging soaping I have done to date! This being my first time, it was like a juggling act! I wanted to do a three layer batch but we'll see! :tiptoe: Two layers were hard enough! I scented my bottom layer in Lebermuth's Hot Cocoa (a closeout I've been hanging onto--I've got two pounds of the stuff so I figured I'd better use it in something! LOL) then left the top layer unscented and put in a bit of TD to help it stay white. I even tried my hand at a textured top, although it is laughable. I think I was overzealous and tried texturing a bit too early. :embarasse All in all, I had fun though and I can't wait to see how it turns out once the bottom layer darkens up.

It sure was great fun! My next layered batch is going to be a bugger and I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of it. I want to do a Tiramisu batch, with a dark, lighter and nearly white layer. I want to try out the BCN vanilla stabilizer with this batch.....so I'm thinking....If I could somehow have no stabilizer in the bottom portion, the middle portion having a bit of stabilizer (so it still turns light brown on me, just not DARK) and the top have the most stabilizer (or just not fragrance it at all and add a bit of TD to it). At least it will be fun to try! :smiley2: