Hippie fragrance

waxandwhimsy

The retailers in our little town have a ladies night out every Thursday. They have called a theme for one of the nights coming up "Peace night" celebrating the 50th anniversary of the peace sign. They are going with a hippie theme. Several of the stores have called me to put together a fragrance line for the night. No patchoulli or sandalwood. I need other ideas for this., I have read that frangapanni would be good but what else..............

No sandalwood or patchouli ... egads!

Well there's Marijuana lol

Nag Champa

Dragon's Blood

Frangipani would probably be good

There is a scent out there called incense (which would be good)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme

Frankincense & Myrrh (ought to work in any decade)

Find an Amber ... that gives a peaceful feeling ;)

Taylored Concepts has a wonderful MJ. I sell a lot of it to cops. lol

I don't get the Frangipani being a hippie scent. It's a very heavy floral. Not at all what I think of when I think of hippies. Weddings, maybe, but not hippies. It's really just plumeria.

Inconceivable to think hippie without thinking patchouli. I'm with Chris. Nag and Dragon's Blood are about the only other 2 scents that come to mind. And Sandalwood, but good luck finding a really good Sandalwood for candles. I haven't found a good Sandalwood thrower yet.

Definately NG's Hippy Christmas ... rename it Incense and Peppermints (old song from the 60's by Strawberry Alarm Clock) ... I'm really dating myself. :rolleyes2 I sniffed a sample of this the other day ... it brought back some fond memories.

You can always mix MJ with a chocolate brownie type scent ... that was real popular back then. LOL

Definitely Nag Champa if no Patchouli or Sandalwood.

You could substitute the earthy, woodsy, with a Cedarwood fragrance.

I would go for a floral for the flowers in the hair they used to wear.

For some reason I am thinking tutti frutti or bubblegum scents. They were into fruity things so you gotta have that. Flickers has a nice strawberry and rhubarb scent called Summer Garden.

You can always mix MJ with a chocolate brownie type scent ... that was real popular back then. LOL

OK.. Hijack...

Candlebuddy ~ You made me think of Cheech and Chongs "McDoobie Song"

When they placed an order for Hash Brownies...

For those that don't remember or never heard it.. Listen.. It's a classic!! LFMAO

http://www.imeem.com/people/TsM7U0U/music/Umkz2F0i/cheech_chong_weed_songs_mcdoobies/

I really like Orange/Cedar EO mixed together, neither is really expensive, but it has a nice earthy smell. I also have been testing Peaks French Vanilla Amber. It is a great thrower and it is very warm and earthy.

Thanks for the input - I am using the French Vanilla & Amber - they loved that one. I am going to try Hippie Christmas and Instant Karma. The Mary Jane I can't do - too many people around her know I teach Kindergarten and it could cause problems!!!

Thanks again for all of the help!!

It depends on what the expectations are, but you may not need new fragrances, merely new names.

If you have a floral blend that didn't move before, name it "Flower Child".

A manly, leather-type blend could be renamed "Back seat of the cop car".

A bright, lively scent could be "Tie Dye" (with the appropriately colored label, naturally).

A calm scent could be "Peace" (Baby powder could be "Peace, Baby").

Other ideas:

Groovy

Trippy Hippie

Keep on Truckin'

Psychedelic _______

...ad nauseum... :smiley2: