Someone Stole my website

I would pretty much guarantee within a few days she won't be your customer anymore. You linked her site from CT. When she looks at her stats she'll follow the links here and read what you've accused her of. If that were me, I'd cancel my order and move on.

IMO, they are similar but there is nothing there that shouts copied. Both websites look like they were made with similar templates that can be obtained from many sources.

I think you just shot yourself in the foot.

As much as I hate to admit it, Carrie makes a really good point.

I definately don't think I shot myself in the foot. She has the same background and her wording is almost the same as mine. Where she could of thought of her own. She probably only used the tart picture because it's the only picture that doesn't have my name on it. But it's the product shes selling anyway so my pictures are not a big concern.

Anyway, so everyone is telling me it's not a big deal. I can see that she probably really likes my website and just started with that.

I just hope if she uses my website and designs as a template that she could ask if it's ok. Or I could private label for her.

Shoot-- my website has similarities. Navi bar on the top and left, product pics lined up on the lower half of my page under text. Would you accuse me of copying you?!!

It looks to me like the average cookie cutter site arrangement. Many are the same or similar and many website developers use the same type. Mine was designed for me but looks like a million others out there.

BTW-- as a website owner I do check out links and if I were to find a thread like this about my website I would drop that persons account so fast. So do be careful. JMO

It does look similar, but I think that is because, as other said, it follows a pretty standard format of websites. Many, many websites -- it is a very common format. Did you make yours from a template? When following a standard template, it is the pictures, wording and graphics that are going to make it unique. I do see those similarities, but the colors and designs are different.

So your telling me that she should drop me as her wholesaler because I'm mad that she stole my words? Whatever!!

I was just asking for advice on how to react to this, and if anyone had anything like this happen before, and if i should say anything to her. If she does look at CT then maybe she can write her own words. I really only do not agree with the paragraph and the background, if it is a template then so be it she can use it.

I'm am in no way putting her down, she seems like a nice lady and I have had a lot of interaction over the past month. I was just wondering why all of a sudden she has this homepage and it is strickingly similar to mine.

Of course the pictures are different and changed around, who would be dumb enough to copy ererything from a persons website. She obviously does have to make it her own!

I didn't realize that there were even templates that anyone can use. So I thought that she copied every single placement of pics, and other things on the homepage. So it's nice to know that she didn't do it maliciously.

So the words from everyone is ... I should not be mad, and it's a template she chose to use.

That is what I was looking for, was advice on how to react, and i got it thanks!

It does look similar, but I think that is because, as other said, it follows a pretty standard format of websites. Many, many websites -- it is a very common format. Did you make yours from a template? When following a standard template, it is the pictures, wording and graphics that are going to make it unique. I do see those similarities, but the colors and designs are different.

Totally agree.

Now that you have posted both websites we can see it is a common template. You originally said you had your website done professionally. I had thought someone designed it exclusively for you which means it will be an original. That would have cost a minimum of $300.00 and that's being highly conservative. They would also have their info and say all rights reserved on every page.

Your website is lovely. Very crisp, clear and fresh. I just would not worry about it at all. I have seen a ton of copying of things mentioned around here, and this is nothing.

Well, be prepared. I would not be surprised if she finds out how frustrated you were with the situation. I did not look at her page source to see if she had a tracker on her site, but if she does, she has already seen the hits from this forum and more than likely followed them here and read the post.

Furthermore, you don't know that she put her site up in 3 weeks. She could have been working on it for 3 years. Maybe she'll think you stole her site. lol

She will easily be able to track the hits from her cpanel. Your initial concern was just that...a concern. But you seem unable to grasp the fact that she did not, in fact, steal anything from you. Nothing that I could see, anyway. Admittedly, I didn't look at every picture and read every word.

Many people here have stated the obvious. It's a template oodles and zillions of people use. Both sites are lovely. Now go make some candles for the lady and hope it's a long term business relationship. And yes, she could easily drop you as a wholesaler. Your attitude comes across as one I'm not sure I would want to be on close business terms with. In other words: get over it!

:tiptoe:

First of all thanks for all your opinions.

But 1 month ago she did give me her website address and it was not that one at all. This one is brand new as it states on her webpage. But I am not angry anymore. It was in the heat of the moment when I first saw her new website. I have had time to think about it and learn that it is probably just a template. Sorry to everyone if I seemed unprofessional on how I handled the situation. But I have, like I stated before, cooled down.

And I have appreciated everyones opinion on the matter and I don't feel like I need to reflect on this anymore, as I know how I am going to handle this in my own way... by doing nothing and enjoying making candles.