So I finally ordered some wax....wicks?

I finally made the leap last night and ordered my wax. I've been doing a ton of reading on suggestions for the results I was wanting and decided on Bluegrass Soy soy/cottonseed blend. They only show HTP wicks on their website so I checked out candlescience. Here's my question....should I get the HTP, LX, ECO and RRD trial packs (the one with 5 or so of each size) and test each of the different wicks to see which one I like the best or am I better to pick 2 and start there? I'm only going to be making tins, starting with the 8oz and the adding the 4 and 16oz sizes. I don't want to complicate things too much as I often have the tendency to do. Thanks in advance for any input!

April

personally i would have picked a supplier closer to save on shipping & not tetering on the edge of going out of business. the htp (high temperture paper) wicks will work just fine in soy/cottonseed blend. you will find out with reading & searching that most suppliers carry the same waxes they just rename them their name. for instance ezsoy, mc125, is just plain ole gb415 pure soy wax. good luck on your new addiction.

you might find these site helpful

suppliersbystate.com

fragranceoilfinder.com---this also lists alot of the suppliers

the sticky at the top of the fragrance catagory.

there are suppliers in ill.

I had read that about the gb415 and from what I picked up on the soy/cottonseed wax was that it's gw435, correct? It the same as what KY carries and I've ordered from them a lot with my soaping supplies but they were $10 a case higher. I'll keep searching for a supplier of the gw435 in IL, haven't come across one yet though. Thanks for the luck, I'm sure I'll need it :)

I had read that about the gb415 and from what I picked up on the soy/cottonseed wax was that it's gw435, correct? It the same as what KY carries and I've ordered from them a lot with my soaping supplies but they were $10 a case higher. I'll keep searching for a supplier of the gw435 in IL, haven't come across one yet though. Thanks for the luck, I'm sure I'll need it :)

Have you tried DPS Morris Wax. There in Illinois. And they carry quite a few waxes. Regina

I used the KY125 wax for years and I think it is the same as what you are getting. I used HTP wicks for a LONG time and then i switched to CD wicks.

Just because you see a price difference in suppliers does not mean it will stay that way....some order more often than others and some order huge quanties and others smaller quanties so the AVERAGE price you are seeing for a wax is what you will be paying sooner or later.

I now use a blended wax IGI 6036 and will never look back!!

tootie

I started with the bluegrass soy and have used with and without the cottonseed. I found that most of my fragrances did well with either a HTP 104 or HTP 105 in 4 and 8 oz. jelly jars. I haven't had a bad fragrance from them either. I am hopeful that someone takes over.