Making soap molds?

Darbla

I have a carpenter very handy, and I was thinking of getting him to make some soap molds for both CP and melt & pour. Are there any directions anywhere for making your own? I don't make large batches of soap, so I figure if I can make a few that hold 2 lbs of soap, that cut it into 8 4oz bars, then that should work for my purposes. Most of the molds I've seen for sale are for bigger batches than that.

Or is it so complicated, would I be just as well to buy some already made? I'm going to pay him anyway, so if there's a lot to it might end up just as expensive to buy them ready-made.

Thanks,

Darbla

My husband also makes my molds, they are slab molds. He cut slots in it so I can slip my cutter (he also made this) into the slots and cut uniform bars out of each mold. I have 7, 14 and 28 bar molds and the final bar ends up being about 5 ounces (I pour mine pretty thick). I line them with waxed paper and they have worked great for me. Easy to make and low cost. Haven't got him around to trying his hand with a log mold yet, it's next on the list!

April