Need help on a facial scrub????

I dont plan on selling it, and only need a small batch so I dont really think I need a preservative? What I need is some type of scrub for my face and neck. My skin has gotten really rough in that area, don't really know why but its pretty much like I need to slough some dead skin in that area. I make soap, body butters, and candles.....havent tried scrubs before so basically something simple would be appreciated. Any advice/help would be appreciated since I have no idea LOL

TIA

Check the recipe section. I think you DO need a preservative. Although the product will not contain water, you will introduce water through your wet hands and this is where the nasties come in.

e

Thanks E :) Ive checked the recipe section and I keep finding stuff with a lot of ingredients, and Im just looking for a real quick simple recipe. Would I really need to add a preservative though if I only want to make a single batch to be used that day? Ive never attempted a scrub because I have no clue about preservatives and every time I try to read the info on them I get confused LOL was never too good in science, also I try to keep all my stuff I use vegan and I dont know what preservatives are made of LOL. I just figured if I made a SMALL batch for a one time use I could get away with it. I appreciate any advice :D

pure cane sugar moistened with glycerine...add a drop or two of vita e if you want...gently scrub moist skin and then leave it on for 10 minutes or so and rinse...new skin immediately!

I make sugar scrubs but not for facial use so I keep a bottle of vegetable glycerine in my cupboard and whip this up when needed. My skin is very dry and the glycerine does wonders...it's a humectant and keeps my skin moisturized for hours :D

pure cane sugar moistened with glycerine...add a drop or two of vita e if you want...gently scrub moist skin and then leave it on for 10 minutes or so and rinse...new skin immediately!

I make sugar scrubs but not for facial use so I keep a bottle of vegetable glycerine in my cupboard and whip this up when needed. My skin is very dry and the glycerine does wonders...it's a humectant and keeps my skin moisturized for hours :D

Clarification: Are you using just the sugar and glycerine?

e

I recommend using plain old baking soda with a little bit of water and gently massage it around your face and neck areas, then rinse off. In my opinion, sugar is much too coarse to be using on the delicate skin of your face and neck, and the greasiness of the oils that are commonly used in sugar scrubs is not exactly pleasant to remove and may lead to clogged pores if used frequently.

I occasionally use baking soda as an exfoliator on my legs they seem to feel extra smooth afterward. The nice thing about using baking soda is that it's super cheap, AND you can easily pour out what you need without introducing any contaminates into your container. You might consider transferring it from its cardboard box into a plastic shaker jar with a lid, or even a plastic drinking cup to keep moisture out of it and prevent it from clumping up (but even if it does, that's not a problem--it's easy to break it up).

Here is something I tried

finely ground oats

baking soda

mix with honey then ad a bit of acv

you could add some yogurt powder

or use collidal oatmeal

keep your dry ingredients in a container , then you can scoop out what you need and mix it in a bowl or something with your honey, acv, glycerin, or whatever you choose