Wholesaling wholesalers?

Has anyone ever sold wholesale items they bought wholesale? I had a few ideas in mind, but I'm not sure how well this would work. Things like warmers I'd buy wholesale, then maybe sell them to a wholesaler for a bit more to go with tarts or something? Just a thought, not planning on the practice soon.

Sounds like too many middle men to me, but if you have a buyer who doesn't want to order the usual quantity required to buy wholesale, there's no reason why you can't order wholesale and make a little profit. The bottom line is when you buy wholesale and resell, it's really not up to you what your buyer does with the product.

It's no different than when we buy "wholesale" from a supplier who bought the product "wholesale". When we resell it, we can sell it to anybody we please, wholesale or retail. It's a tax issue more than anything.

Yup sounds like too many middlemen. I don't see how you can make a profit after you consider how many you have to purchase, the cost of shipping to you, and advertising the product to sell and the shipping supplies. Doesn't make sense to me. If you do just sell them at retail.

I also don't see how you could make a profit.I got some warmers for $5.99.Very nice on sale but I sold them for $13.00 retail.They sold but when I got some warmers for $10.00 and tried to sell for $17.00-$19.00 they sat. So selling wholelsale back to a wholesaler to me wouldn;t be profit in it.Not unless they can sell retail for much more.Would have to be local IMO to skip shipping etc costs.

If you see a way to do it I would.I just dont see it for me. Maybe for that warmer I got for $5.99(on sale) and sold it for $13.00 to a wholelsaler that would work.

LynnS

Ok.. I do this...

I buy my Combo warmers in bulk appox. $5.50 (total cost w/ shipping).

My Wholesale:$10.00

My Retail :for $15.00

I do sell them wholesale to small business that do not want to buy them in bulk from a big supplier with large minimums. ( As SOW had mentioned)

Either way.. I make a profit.. So, I do retail and wholesale..